How to change Email (From Name), (From email address), and (From email domain)

I am using the "Branding" plugin which changes the Default FROM Sender Name and the Default FROM E-email address which works... but it makes it the same for all of my subsites. Now I turned the "E-mail From Headers" option in the "Branding" plugin back off.

My questions:
1) How can I change (From: wordpress@) to (From: useremail@) in the sent emails and have it unique for each of my subsites? It would be great to be able to use either a designated user email or a noreply@ instead.

2) How can I change the default "WordPress" from email name to the subsite same for each subsite? Example: Instead of WordPress wordpress@yourdomain.network.com to "Admin" or "NoReply" info@yourdomain.network.com?? I would like to change "WordPress" to "Site Title" or "Site URL" so it can pull the Site Title of each subsite and apply it to the emails

3) Why doesn't the HTML emails plugin utilize the mapped domain for each subsite in the email address. The emails are from WordPress wordpress@yourdomain.network.com. They should show WordPress wordpress@mappeddomain.com. How can we do this??

Thanks

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there Josh,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

1) How can I change (From: wordpress@) to (From: useremail@) in the sent emails and have it unique for each of my subsites? It would be great to be able to use either a designated user email or a noreply@ instead.

I'm afraid that this is not possible out of a box with the current version of Ultimate Branding as Ultimate Branding can only change these settings globally. I've tested the following plugin and even tho it's old it seems to be working just fine on my sandbox site:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-change-default-email/

You can activate it per subsite so you should be able to change default from name and email address for every subsite on your network separately.

2) How can I change the default "WordPress" from email name to the subsite same for each subsite? Example: Instead of WordPress wordpress@yourdomain.network.com to "Admin" or "NoReply" info@yourdomain.network.com?? I would like to change "WordPress" to "Site Title" or "Site URL" so it can pull the Site Title of each subsite and apply it to the emails

Unfortunately I couldn't find a solution out of a box that would allow you to do something like that but with the plugin I mentioned above your users should be able to add it manually. If you want this to be an automatic process than this would have to be custom coded and that's a out of scope of support that we can provide here. You can see more about that here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/

If you need to customize this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

3) Why doesn't the HTML emails plugin utilize the mapped domain for each subsite in the email address. The emails are from WordPress wordpress@yourdomain.network.com. They should show WordPress wordpress@mappeddomain.com. How can we do this??

That's not something that HTML Email Templates does, what it does is simply edits the email template and picks up whatever email is set for from email. You should still be able to use the plugin I mentioned above, it worked on my test site that has domain mapped there.

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.