How to change font in theme

How do I change the font on my website, it won’t use the font I used on the text in pages.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Kristina,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

How do I change the font on my website, it won’t use the font I used on the text in pages.

It seems like you website is in maintenance mode, so I wasn’t able to check your current website. To what font you want it to changed? Could you please provide the page where you want to change, so that we could give an exact CSS.

In general, you’ll have to add the font-family CSS properties to the respective class, or ID in order to make this work. For eg:

p {
    font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
    }

You can find more information in this article:

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp

If you want us to provide a specific CSS, please enable support access, and please do specify the page, so that we could have a better idea regarding this. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Kristina,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

now I want to change the font for the navigation menu.

Please try the following CSS code, and check whether it works fine:

.main-navigation a {
    font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
    }

The above CSS should change the font for your main navigation, please do change the font-family to your desired font.

You can add the above CSS code, using Custom CSS box(if your theme offers), or either using a Child theme, or a plugin like Simple Custom CSS.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• apurba_podder
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Krishna ,

.main-navigation a {
    text-transform: capitalize;
    }

The above CSS should change the font for your main navigation to uppercase to capitalize , please do change the text-transform to your desired one ( Capitalize , normal , lowercase ) .

You can add the above CSS code, using Custom CSS box(if your theme offers), or either using a Child theme, or a plugin like Simple Custom CSS.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Apurba

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.