how to change i'm attending to a buy button

Is it possible to lose the 'no' 'maybe' 'i'm attending' buttons and replace with a 'buy ticket' or 'buy now' button?

Ideally this should happen when paid ticket option is selected with the current 'no' 'maybe' 'i'm attending' buttons for free events

Also is the system supposed to generate send an E ticket when one is purchased, if so how do I activate this?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Bruce, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

Is it possible to lose the 'no' 'maybe' 'i'm attending' buttons and replace with a 'buy ticket' or 'buy now' button?

Ideally this should happen when paid ticket option is selected with the current 'no' 'maybe' 'i'm attending' buttons for free events

Hmm... something like this would take a fair amount of custom coding at the moment, but since a user has to log in anyway, one workaround that may work would be to hide the "No" & "Maybe" buttons for premium events only.

Would this be something that you'd be interested in trying? :slight_smile:

Also is the system supposed to generate send an E ticket when one is purchased, if so how do I activate this?

It would send them an email notifying them that they've RSVP'd to an event if the "Email: send email on RSVP" add-on is enabled, but as for sending them an e-ticket, that wouldn't be possible presently (although, that would be a good feature request).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Bruce

the RSVP doesn't really sort the problem as it sends an email when they click the Buy Ticket (I'm attending) button before they pay for the ticket, so in theory they can click the button, not complete the transaction but still get the email saying they have a ticket.

for this plugin to work as a ticket sales plugin it really need to tie in with the payment system.

I have tried the marketpress addon but can't seem to make it look good and run smoothly with my theme (woo commerce works perfectly any chance you could link with that?)

• Ash

Hello @Bruce

I totally agree with the ticket system, I am marking this as a feature request.

About the woocommerce integration, it will need a fair amount of custom code I am afraid. Also, if you need to customise this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staffs are allowed to work in the job board.

Cheers
    Ash

• Bruce

As it stands there is no advantage for me to use the marketpress add on. At the moment the sites that I am working on hire venue space via another plug in and have the option to sell tickets to those hirers events.

I suppose my ideal solution would be that enabling the marketpress add on over rides the other buttons replacing them with a buy now button that uses the marketpress checkout and provides a numbered pdf/download document/ticket. it should also allow the purchase of tickets to multiple events and full & concession priced tickets with a single checkout.

I understand this is more than a css issue and would require coding but I feel for Events+ to function as a true event ticketing plug in these features are essential and as I am building these sites for a charity free of charge I do not have a budget to hire a developer.

• Ash

Hello @Bruce

I hope you are well today.

I suppose my ideal solution would be that enabling the marketpress add on over rides the other buttons replacing them with a buy now button that uses the marketpress checkout and provides a numbered pdf/download document/ticket. it should also allow the purchase of tickets to multiple events and full & concession priced tickets with a single checkout.

There is a limitation on numbered ticket (or name/email printed on ticket) though. But if you provide just a static ticket, you can make it as a jpg or pdf, and use it as a downloadable product. Attach that product with a paid event. So, when user will buy the ticket, he can download the ticket too.

It allows buying multiple tickets of single event and multiple tickets of multiple events. You need to add the events to the cart one by one and checkout later. You also need to set "Checkout Button Type" to "Add to cart" from Products > Store Settings > Presentation.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Bruce

Thanks for the suggestions, I have had to make a decision due to time restraints and have changed to a different event plugin 'OpenTicket'

While not quite as good looking on the front end and lacking widgets, the back end does everything I need, it creates QR coded tickets with unique ID plus adds venue details and map, and checks out via woocommerce.

I will revisit Events+ again when a few more features are added.

• Cheryl

Adding an additional voice/vote to the conversation....

This is exactly what I'm looking for as well:

1. Changing the "I'm Attending/No/Maybe" buttons to a "Buy Ticket" button for paid events. (I'm guessing this could temporarily be a simple CSS fix of hiding "No" and "Maybe" and some kind of code change to re-label "I'm Attending" to "Purchase Tickets.")

2. Functionality of Marketpress add-on would be that clicking on "Buy Tickets" would add tickets to the Marketpress shopping cart, allowing for one smooth, sitewide checkout.

3. Individualized tickets (Should just be a matter of adding user info to otherwise static ticket?)

Looking forward to updates to an otherwise nice plugin. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.