How to change menu icon of Support System

Just like in the title. I’ve checked the menu icon of the Support System is shown via CSS and doesn’t use the standard WP dashicons set. I would like to change it so it did. How do I do it?

Usually I use the below function but thid time it doesn’t work.

function my_side_menu_tweaks() {

global $menu;

global $submenu;

$submenu[101][4] = ‘menu-top menu-icon-tools’;

}

add_action(‘admin_menu’, ‘my_side_menu_tweaks’:wink:;

Any ideas why?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @krzysztof

I hope you are well today!

You are right: it’s not using dashicons. It’s still actually a background image in the list item, so you would need to swap it out for a different image in your admin CSS.

Here’s the CSS currently used by the plugin:

#toplevel_page_ticket-manager .wp-menu-image, #toplevel_page_support-faq .wp-menu-image {url("../images/icons.png") no-repeat scroll 0 -27px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);}

• Krzysztof
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

OK. Found it myself. I’m adding here for reference for everyone who would like to change the icon. You can do this by going to “plugins” folder on your server > incsub-support > inc > support-menu.php and changing line 17 from:

public $icon_url = ‘div’;

to

public $icon_url = ‘dashicons-info’;

instead of dashicons-info you can get any other icon that you find on http://melchoyce.github.io/dashicons/. Just click an icon and copy its name from the top of the page.

Have a nice day,

Chris

• Krzysztof
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It turns out that my answer wasn’t full. You also need to:

1. Add this function to your functions.php or plugin:

function my_admin_scripts() {
    wp_register_style('my_admin_css', plugins_url('admin-tweaks.css', __FILE__));
    wp_enqueue_style('my_admin_css');
    }
    add_action('admin_enqueue_scripts', 'my_admin_scripts');

2. Create an admin-tweaks.css file and put it in place where wp_register_style points

3. Put there lines:

#toplevel_page_ticket-manager .wp-menu-image, #toplevel_page_support-faq .wp-menu-image{
    background-image: none !important;
    }

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.