How to change page margins/padding

How can I change the content width on pages. I've tried the following in the child theme .css but it does not work on the Nelo theme.

.page-template-page-full-width-php #wrapper {
padding: 0px 210px 0px 210px;
}

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings antKat,

Thank you for the great question.

Were these adjustments made in the \wpmu-nelo\_inc\css folder files?

I believe I would copy this _inc folder to the child folder, using the same folder structure i.e. \_inc\css\files.css

Please advise if this indeed works for us on this particular WordPress installation.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings antKat,

Thank you for the additional clarification which is certainly appreciated.

I am a bit confused because I never mentioned Buddy Press?

I was trying to indicate the best practice for dealing with the customizations you wanted to make and pointed out the correct structure for a theme that is configured in a Parent/Child relationship as the Nelo theme is.

I wanted to make sure that we (you and I) have the styling in the right place so in the event of an update our custom styling does not get overwritten.

So I believe the best thing to do right away based on your last post is to make sure the Parent/Child theme relationship is indeed correctly applied. Please see:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/front-page-blogs-picture-and-text-not-visible-only-subject-is-visible#post-217131

Hopefully this will start to make sense now and allow us to move forward in getting the enlargement of the full page side margins or padding accomplished as you desire.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.