How to change Powered By slogan on Network new sites?

On my freshly created Network site (eg. http://kayttajatunnus.omaapp.fi/) in the footer the "Powered by" text should be customized. How is it done, please?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Generally that is found in the theme footer but depending on how you have installed WordPress, a few hosts also add their links to the Installer.

You should be able to change it in the theme code (footer.php) or see if there are any plugins active on your site which is showing that up.

How did you install WordPress BTW ?

Cheers, PC

• sakumatto
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi PC,

Thanks for the link ->

The suggested solution was to change "installdir/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven/footer.php" which did not work. Only afterwards I noticed that Bitnami (of course, stupid me) is using twentytwelve as the standard theme nowadays, so the actual change has to be in

"installdir/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/themes/twentytwelve/footer.php"

This will in the future probably again change when a new WP main theme arrives, but for the time being this worked for me.

However, since I've PRESET that the default language of every created blog to be FINNISH, so the Bitnami engine is using the Finnish translation of it all (including for the twentytwelve theme, so you need to also change the specific translation in "installdir/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/languages/themes" in order to get the change going for the term "Powered by" preceding the Bitnami bit (if you are using a NON English language as preset and want to change also that term).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.