how to change service name in app_confirmation in appointment plugin?

need to change "service name" and "service provider" inside the app_confirmation. I've been at this for hrs and cannot figure it out. There is no short code for this as i know of. Yes i did check the short code list. and it is the confirmation app when trying to set an appointment.

so I want "service" to be name "subject" instead of "service". you can view the image.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @brian

I hope you are well today!

There is no built-in option to customize those labels. So, the easiest and most update-proof way to get that dome is to make a custom language file for the plugin.

You could use either our own translations area for that, or do so on your computer with a free program like PoEdit.

premium.wpmudev.org/translate/

http://poedit.net/

Once you have your customized language file, name it with the corrcet language locale for your site. For example, if you are running a site in US English, be sure that is defined in your wp-config.php file as en_US. Then your language files for the plugin would be named appointments-en_US.mo & appointments-en_US.po

Upload both those files to your wp-content/languages/plugins folder. If it doesn’t yet exist, simply create it.

Finally, in your admin settings under Reading, set the language for your site to US English. You should then see your customized labels appear on the front-end.

Once you’ve done this once, you’ll get hooked on how easy it is to customize labels and text strings in plugins, and you might go all bananas doing it all over the place. :slight_smile:

• Brian
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the info. I did not quite understand all of the steps above but through the process I was able to find the file which contained what I wanted to change (appointment.php) and just changed that. I saved a copy just in case. I was going to change the appointments.pot file as well but it seems to not be necessary.

Do you see any problems this may cause in the future?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.