how to change the background in easy bloging mode

Hi
I am using the easy bloging pluging and i'd like to make some changes in the background.
I wanted to change the color to #primary_left ( the menu left) but i couldnt get it.
I've tried in the custom admin css included in ultimate branding, and in another external plugings, but it didnt work.
Could you tell where do i have to place this css code??
Thanks

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @wordev

I hope you're well today!

You can indeed use the Admin CSS module in Ultimate Branding for that. But you need to include the #wdeb-mode in your selector so the CSS will target that element only when Easy Mode is active in a site's admin.

This would change the left menu background to a heavy blue:
    #wdeb-mode #primary_left {background:#006bff;}

However, you'll notice that doing so makes that menu a little wider. That's because the current body background is actually an image 220px wide, set to the left, and repeated vertically, while the actual column is 230px wide.

So you could do this instead:
    #wdeb-mode #wpbody-content {background:url('path-to-your-220px-wide-image.png') fixed 0 0 repeat-y;}

• wordev
    • The Crimson Coder

HI patrick
    I have tested something similar before but it also doesnt wotk for me.
    What do you thinks is wrong?
    I make sure that both, easy bloging and ultimate branding was ntework activated, but it doesnt work for me.
    What should be the pro0blem, Patrick?

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @wordev,

Thank you for your reply.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• wordev
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi vinod
    Thanks for the response.
    It was 6 days ago when i had the problem. And in this time i decided to search for tutorials in order to create my own simple plugin in order to modify my admin page, similar what i get with easy blogging. I've got it and i am fine now.
    Thanks anyway for your reply.
    See you next time, and sorry.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @jetmac,

Thanks for posting on the forums. Ideally its not a good process to post on a thread 6 months old. The plugin has changed since then and so has WordPress :slight_smile:

Tt might be best if you open your own here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question , even if the question seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse question here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original.

You can also include reference of this thread in your newly created thread if you want to.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.