How to change the email message sent out when manually creating a new user

I am migrating users from one membership app to the WPMU membership plugin and need to manually enter in existing users to the membership plugin. When I manually enter in a new user/member an email is sent to that user. I would like to modify that message so that the user knows about the changes and the new site.
Can you help me.
thanks

• Mason

Hiya,

Are you referring to the New User email generated by WordPress?

If so, you can edit that in Super Admin>Options for Multi-site. If it's a regular WordPress site there should be an option for this as well.

We used to have a plugin for this, but I think dropped it since it's inclusion in 3.0, but maybe still a need for single WordPress installs.

Anybody else have an idea?

Thanks!

• bkeller99

mason, I don't see any reference to this in the standard install(not MU).
    Just to restate. Right now when I manually enter a new user WP sends out the login info with the link. No "Hi, how are ya!" or anything like that otherwise I could just grep the greeting. FYI... I am still trying to decide how to handle this and I'm not exactly sure if I want to enter in new users manually anyhow. Actually they are not NEW users they are existing users on another site that I am migrating to my new buddypress/membership driven site (provided by you). You might have seen other posts from me regarding this topic and I've already excepted that I can't import them into the membership plugin so now I'm trying to decide how to handle the 100 or so existing paying members. The 1500 free subscribers are not an issue just the paying ones.
    As an alternative...if I wanted to manually enter them how can I STOP the login information from being sent.That might be another way to go. That way I can send out a nice pretty MailChimp email welcoming them to the new site.
    Anyway in case I do want to modify the WP login message I would like to know how.
    thanks

• Mason

Hiya,

if I wanted to manually enter them how can I STOP the login information from being sent.That might be another way to go. That way I can send out a nice pretty MailChimp email welcoming them to the new site.

One way would be to enter them into the database directly.

You could also use our batch create plugin to help ya create them manually and then use a plugin or filter to stop email notifications.
    Check out Batch Create here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/batch-create

Ah, seems the plugin I was thinking of for disabling new user notification emails may not be compatible with the latest version of WordPress. Might be worth testing to see if it works?
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/disable-new-user-email-notifications/

I'll ask the dev team to comment on the remove email verification plugin. They can provide better insight than I on that.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.