How to change the main site theme? should change at main site or set a sub site to new them?

Dear Sir

Q1
I have multi-blog theme at main site new, I want to change to new theme.
http://preview.themeforest.net/item/amilia-multipurpose-one-multi-page-wp-theme/full_screen_preview/13841964?_ga=1.110255813.1995049209.1470013385
amilia-multipurpose-one-multi-page-wp-theme,

or upfront spirit theme

How to change the main site theme? should change at main site or set a sub site first to new them? If set at main site, then main site will broken, if set at sub site, main site have hundreds pages new. is need re do it at sub site? How I should do to change a new theme?

Q2
Is upfront spirit theme can build same as amilia theme ? which theme is more easy?

Your are very helpful,

Thanks!

• Nithin

Hi ShareWin,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Multisite environment has a network admin(wp-admin/network), that is where you do advanced administration. In your network admin, you can enable a theme network wide, so that it's visible throughout your network, in order to activate it in you main/sub sites.

How to change the main site theme?

The main site would be the first one you created, once a theme is network enabled in your network admin, you can see the theme visible under Appearance > Themes of your main site, you just have to activate it, in order to switch to a new layout of your website.

should change at main site or set a sub site first to new them?

It should work in any case, themes are related to presentation, and it shouldn't break anything, unless there is any conflict. You could simply switch back, and forth if you didn't like the theme you aren't using.

If set at main site, then main site will broken, if set at sub site, main site have hundreds pages new. is need re do it at sub site?

I'm not sure about being broken, when a new theme is activated, you'll have to configure it, to make it look like the demo page, as shown in your theme preview page. A subsite is like a new site, so it won't have any pages, or post related to main site. You could use our Cloner plugin, to create an exact clone of you main site, so that you could test your new theme in it, and you could also merge it back to your main site if you want, with the help of the Cloner plugin.

Q2
    Is upfront spirit theme can build same as amilia theme ? which theme is more easy?

Yes, it's possible with Upfront, but to get the exact layout, you might have to tweak the theme with custom CSS. Both the theme behaves in different ways, and it's subjective when it comes to comment on which is easy. Also, there is a Upfront theme builder down the release cycle, which would allow users to create new theme from scratch. Unfortunately, I don't have an exact ETA on when this would be released, but it won't be too long though.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.