How to change the size of the Youtube video in the sidebar?

Hi-

I’ve installed the Youtube Featured video, and it seems great, except that the video is showing up as too big for the sidebar! (see for example http://gatherwell.com/what-sunfunder-teaches-us-about-crowdfunding-for-a-green-cause/)

How can I change the size?

Thanks and Be Well,

Cynthia

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @gatherwell, I hope you’re well today!

@jim_meyer the link is correct, you simply have to remove the closing parentheses from the end. Annoying, I know… but it happens! :slight_smile:

the video is showing up as too big for the sidebar!

Try adding a text widget right above the video widget that already have there and paste the following styles inside it:

<style>.widget.Ytvw_YouTubeVideo_Widget iframe { width: 250px !important; height: 210px !important; } </style>

I am marking this issue as resolved. If however you find that the above solution doesn’t work for you then feel free to reopen it!

Cheers,

Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Try this:

Open up the /wp-content/themes/studio/_inc/css/studio.css file and copy-paste the code below exactly as you see it at the end of the file:

#sidebar .widget iframe {
    width: 250px !important;
    height: 210px !important;
    }

Please let us know how that works for you… When I tested it on my browser yesterday it was working.

P.S. I also noticed that you moved the youtube video from the sidebar to your main content area.

Do you still require assistansce on this issue?

• gatherwell
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Trying to try it – very amateur question I’m sure but I went to “Editor” , under select theme have “Studio” – don’t see css on the menu. Also, if I get this to work with Studio theme would I have to add the same or different code if I switch to product (which I’m seriously considering because of the lack of video integration on the front slider in studio). Thanks, Cynthia

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Everyone,

To adjust the width and height of the of the player you want to adjust the pixel sizes in the class_ytvw_video_widget.php file located in the /wp-content/plugins/youtube-videos-widget/lib folder around line 242 to what you would like them to be.

That will do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.