How to change the slugs at each level

How to change the slug from Activity to Something Different? at root level and other sub levels? What should I do in order to display NEWS (ie Site News) in lieu of ACTIVITY in Tabs, Buttons as well as address-bar?

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello abhisinha,

You can do this in BuddyPress settings > Pages section.

– Create a New Page named "News".

– Go to BuddyPress > Pages.

– For activity set, Page as "News", the page you just created and hit save. See the screenshot attached.

Now the page will be update both in the menu and the url will be the new page. Isn't this what you wanted? Let me know if you have more questions.

• abhisinha
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

No. When I installed Buddypress I let it create pages for activity, members etc. These pages are working fine. I want to change their names only. In place of Activity I want to see News in the navigation links and in the browser address bar

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings abhisinha,

I was able to change the title of the “Activity” tab by simply changing the page title in the dashboard under pages as demonstrated at http://aecnubp.us/ using the title “Activity by Joe”

This issue may have been addressed in the recent theme update released yesterday.

Please advise if this issue has now been resolved.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings abhisinha,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.