How to change the text of the Add to Cart button

For my business, usually people only buy one product. When someone clicks add to cart, I'd like for the website to send the user directly to checkout page summary.

How can I make this happen?

Thank you,
Giovanni

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Giovanni,

You can change the Add to Cart button to a Buy Now button

Just visit the Dashboard>Products>Store Settings>Presentation Tab and set it there

I'll attach a pic

Best,

Kimberly

If the above action did not result in the resolution or common end to this ticket then please feel free to come back here for comment. Just be sure you mark "Not Resolved" to re-open or we might miss it! :slight_smile: Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Giovanni,

You're very Welcome.

In order to change "Buy Now" you will need to go through the plugin files and do a search/replace for "Buy Now" and change to your desired text. Marketpress.php, template-functions.php, etc. You'll have to find all instances for it to display with regularity.

Best,

Kimberly

• Giovanni
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks again. I believe I had asked this already but I cannot find the previous forum topic I posted.

I would hate to make modifications to the core plugin to avoid conflicts with updates. Aaron gave me an answer but I can't remember and can't find the previous Topic.

Would you know how to access previous topics? My "Latest Activity" sidebar only shows the last 10, and when I click on "See all", it's just 10 total.

Thanks

• Jamin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

jQuery is your friend :slight_smile:

Add this to your theme's functions.php

function changecartbuttontext(){
    echo '<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    jQuery(".mp_button_addcart").val("Give Gift ");
    });
    </script>';
    }

add_action('wp_head','changecartbuttontext');

Points if it works please :smiley: 8% and on my way to lifetime member :smiley:

• Giovanni
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Wouldn't this add jquery to all my pages when they load?

This might lead to another topic. I'm only a beg/int coder, and one thing I realized is that my websites when finished end up with a lot of jquery, javascript, and things loaded from all the plugins I end up using.

I've been told there is a better way of doing things like this. Any ideas?

Take a look at http://lamsocialclub.com for example. I coded that website, but it's slow as heck and eventually I'll redo it but I want to learn how to create effective, WC3 validated, fast loading, and SEO friendly websites.

Thanks for your help and some points gone your way.

Giovanni

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out! If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

Thanks for using the WPMU Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.