How to change user role after subscription to supporter

Hi there,

I have just simple problem and I cant find answer on related forum posts.

I am using supporter plugin and after people sign in for a non paid subscription I would like to give them Author user role and after subscription to supporter they will get Editor. Any suggestion ?

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi faufau and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Supporter isn't really designed for user-based purposes like that. Instead, it's a blog-based (or site-based) plugin. In other words, Supporters are actually sites, not users. Users purchase Supporter status for their site, but the users themselves aren't considered to be the Supporter, the site is.

However, the Membership plugin is a user-based plugin and provides role integration as well. Perhaps that'll work for you?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership

Cheers,
    David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks,
    Phil

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.