How to charge (and integrate) domain mapping with Pro Sites?

Hi- I would like to know how to charge users to map a domain that they already own, in addition to be able to purchase new domains, and, as I have both Pro Sites and Domain mapping installed, they don't seem to intergrate with each other, as they both seem to act as their own plugin.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Blake,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I assume that at this moment you have both Pro Sites and Domain Mapping up and running, although not connected the way you wish. Let me then break you question into parts, hope you don't mind that :slight_smile:

I would like to know how to charge users to map a domain that they already own

Since Domain Mapping must be network-enabled and setup via Network Admin in order to work properly, it does not show up in "Pro Sites -> Premium Plugins" manager. Therefore please go to your "Network Admin -> Settings -> Domain Mapping" page -> "Mapping options" tab and scroll down a bit.

At the very bottom of the page you'll find the "Select Pro Sites Levels:" option (see screenshot) where you can select which Pro Sites levels are given access to Domain Mapping. For example: having two levels ("Basic" and "Pro":wink: you can set Domain Mapping to be available only to "Pro" level sites where "Pro" level is charged more than "Basic". As a result these users that would like to map domain to their sites would have to upgrade to "Pro" level first (and will be charged for upgrade of course).

The bottom line is that Domain Mapping becomes "premium feature" the same way as any other plugin that you set using "Premum Plugins" manager in Pro Sites settings and the only difference is the place in your Network Admin where you set this up.

in addition to be able to purchase new domains,

Domain Mapping plugin features eNom Reseller account integration. To make use of it, please first signup for eNom's Reseller program here:
    http://www.enom.com/instant-reseller/

Please note this is not an affiliate link and neither me nor we as a company are associated with eNom!

Once you got your reseller account ready, please go to your site's "Network Admin -> Settings -> Domain Mapping (page) -> Reseller options (tab)", change "Reseller provider" option to "eNom", save settings and then fill out the setup form following in-page instructions.

It will let admins of sites in your network purchase domain names directly via their dashboards and you'll gain commission via eNom's Reseller program. k

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello @whittlebla1,

I hope you are well today. :slight_smile:

There is one option in Domain Mapping plugin's settings page which lets you specify for which Pro Site levels you want to enable domain mapping. :slight_smile: Domain Mapping Setting page is Network Admin > Settings > Domain Mapping > Select Pro Sites level

Kindly please uncheck all the level there and let me know what do you get with it. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Milan

Hello @whittlebla1,

I hope you are well today. :slight_smile:

There is one option in Domain Mapping plugin's settings page which lets you specify for which Pro Site levels you want to enable domain mapping. :slight_smile: Domain Mapping Setting page is Network Admin > Settings > Domain Mapping > Select Pro Sites level

Kindly please uncheck all the level there and let me know what do you get with it. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.