how to combine classifieds and membership plugins

Hi,
I would like to include a classifieds section on my site yogaob.com

I have been reviewing your plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/classifieds/#usage and it looks good.

However, in your site, I have seen this note: "You cannot offer both Free and Paid listings."

Well, I would like to offer free and paid classifieds. Could you please let me know if I could do it offering coupons on the memership plugin for instance for the free listing?

What I want is to offer free classifieds for 15 days and then pass the people automatically to the paid classified level? (like it can be done in the subscription plans)

Could you please let me know if this can be done? if both plugins could be used to do that? or How should I do it?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Gema, I hope you're well today!

Perhaps you don't need to use Membership...
    The Classifieds plugin allows you to use credits for your payments.
    So you could add some credits on subscription and then as soon as the credits run out, they will have to pay to add new listings... (see attached screenshot)

Wouldn't that work in your use case?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Gema
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

That´s a good idea, but...

Just for you to know yogaob is a magazine, and I want to have suscribers and advertisers, that´s why I was thinking to use both plugins in the same site.

What I liked about the membership plugin is that the updating is made automatically. Once the free 15 days have passed the charge is done automatically by Paypal.

I would like to use this feature for the advertisers as well.

Do you think I could manage to combine both plugins to do this?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Using the Membership plugin you can restrict or grant access to certain pages or areas of your site.
    You cannot however change the pricing model of the Directory plugin based on their subscription... At least not without some custom coding.
    You could do it, but it would require you to write some custom code...
    Perhaps you could post a new job on our Jobs Board on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ so that a developer can write that for you...

In the meantime, I have marked this post as a feature request.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.