How to completely delete a site that was signed up using Pro Sites

Hello! So I am trying to figure out how a user can completely delete and end their Pro Sites subscription so they don't get charged anymore. If the user deletes their site using the ms-delete-site.php page does this also mean that their Pro Sites subscription is canceled? Or do they have to go to Your Profile > Cancel Subscription beforehand in order to end their Pro Sites subscription so they aren't charged anymore? Let me know, Thank you :slight_smile:

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Rachel,

If the user deletes their site using the ms-delete-site.php page does this also mean that their Pro Sites subscription is canceled?

Yes, when they remove site with ms-delete-site.php their subscription is cancelled right away, so there is no need for cancelling separately. You can test that by removing one site and then you will get email about subscription cancellation and in Pro Sites management for that site will be also information about cancellation.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rachel

Hi Kasia, So could I remove the "Cancel Subscription" button and create another one that links to ms-delete-site.php page? I want to give my users the option to delete their site with one click so that they don't have to terminate their subscription and then delete their site. What are the differences between the "Cancel Subscription" and "Delete Site" links? Let me know, thank you :slight_smile:

• Rupok

Hi Rachel,

could I remove the "Cancel Subscription" button and create another one that links to ms-delete-site.php page?

Yes, I think that will be a better idea. If you mentioned exactly which button you are referring, then we could help you in removing the current button and adding another one. If you already know how to do this, then you are fine to go.

I want to give my users the option to delete their site with one click so that they don't have to terminate their subscription and then delete their site

Kasia cleared this above. As she said, when your users remove site with ms-delete-site.php , their subscription is cancelled right away. So they don't have to terminate their subscription and then delete their site.

What are the differences between the "Cancel Subscription" and "Delete Site" links?

"Cancel Subscription" only cancels your Pro Site status, but your site stays as a non Pro Site. But "Delete Site" permanently disables your site, and you can never get it back or use again.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok