How to configure Appointments+ ?

After read the tips, instruction manual an several trys, I have to ask for some help.

My appointments+ plugin does not work properly (or I'm totally lost with the settings)

When I activate some Add-ons, nothing is modified.
I have problem with :
- The 'defaut' option in the display of services that does not work (I van chage the service to display, but not selected the defaut)

- The 'Show sheduled Users' that does not display anything (I want to display the name of the person that has booked an appointment on the actual calendar)

I'm out of idea to solve/understand your plugin.
(I have activated/desactivated the plugin several times)

Thank you for your help

Etienne

• Michelle Shull

Hello, Etienne!

Would you mind if I took a look at your site? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks! This may help us get to the bottom of this quicker.

• Etienne

Hello Michelle,
    Thank you very much for your help.

I decide to go for the paid version because of the possibility 'Show scheduled user' that was inside the Appointments+

I was thinking that this option leads to display user name into the schedule table (as depicted :"Shows scheduled user names for unavailable appointment schedule segments")

I need this option because all my clients are registered and they have to know which one has booked a segment.

But maybe I was wrong, and this option is for something else (which I haven't found yet)

The other problem is the display of the 'default' option in the scrolling selection of the service.

By contrast, the introduction of mandatory fields in the 'Additional fields' section was a success.

One other thing, I do not understand why the last segment of the day (the 17:00 to 18:45) do not appears despite being inside working hours ?

Last, any advice concerning the setting of 'appointments role access' will be great.

Feel free to have a look at my website and check/modify my install as deep as needed. My service is not in production yet, so any change can be done.

Thanks once more for your help

Etienne

• Tyler Postle

Hey Etienne,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for contacting us!

I was thinking that this option leads to display user name into the schedule table (as depicted :"Shows scheduled user names for unavailable appointment schedule segments")

It should be showing their usernames within the title tag of the unavailable boxes, so when you hover over it. However, I tested this on mine and it doesn't appear to be working either. I will mark this as a bug so the developer can take a closer look :slight_smile:

I need this option because all my clients are registered and they have to know which one has booked a segment.

I notice you added the all appointments table, that will also let them know who has booked :slight_smile:

One other thing, I do not understand why the last segment of the day (the 17:00 to 18:45) do not appears despite being inside working hours ?

This is happening because all of your individual providers end at 17:00. If you make one of them available until 18:45 then that should open up the last slot there :slight_smile:

The other problem is the display of the 'default' option in the scrolling selection of the service.

What exactly is the issue here? You don't want it to display a default option?

Last, any advice concerning the setting of 'appointments role access' will be great.

Depends what you're looking for here. Depending which role your service providers have you may want to make sure they can access some of your backend pages :slight_smile: it should give the ability to whichever role you select and all the roles above that one.

Hope this helps Etienne! Let us know if you still have any further questions here.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Etienne

Hi Tyler,

This helps a lot, thanks.

If you also experienced a bug in the 'Show scheduled user' option,, that's better for my mental health after so many attempts to make it work :wink:))

I hope a solution could be found. The hover option is fine, and will perfectly fit my expectations.
    As you noticed, I have had the "all apointments" shortcode, as a possible way to give the information, but with 3 services, 14 days X 5-6 segments a day, it will gives a very (too) long list.

Point 2: OK, understood !
    But where do I control indiviual providers working hours ?

Point 3: I just want that the "defaut" option be displayed instead of the first service

Thanks a lot

Etienne

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Etienne!

I added a screenshot of where you need to change the working hours for each service provider. The numbers listed here are for "No Specific Provider" which essentially means your businesses total working hours. You'll need to use the drop down I pointed to with the arrow to set each provider's individual hours, and save them.

On point three, do you want the first service to be called default? I'm still just a little unclear here.

Thanks so much!

• Etienne

Hello Michele,

Thanks for the screenshot, I finally succeeded in managing working hours and providers. Everything is quite OK on this point
    I do not understand why now an unavailable segment is displayed at the bottom of the working day...

Concerning the display ot the Defaut option, please forget it. it displays the first servce of the list and it's OK for me.
    We can consider this is solved too.

Thus, display of the username un the booked segments remains the bug to solve.

Nevertheless, I have another question : I set the "Appointments lower limit (hours)" to 0 in order to let booking possibility to the last minute. I don't know why, but segments became unavailable about 2 hours before the starting of beginning.
    I would be happy to understand how this works too

Thanks

Etienne

• Etienne

Ok, this is what I tried this morning at 7:45am (local hour)

My WP general setting hair is Paris (UTC+2), saying that it is 7:45 local hour

On appointments, the segment 8:45-11:00 is unavailable (this is the problem)

I change te general settings of WP to london (UTC+1), WP says it is 6:45
    The segment then is available.

Back to Paris : unavailable, back to london :available...

set on london time :
    At 8:25 local hour, (so 7:25 for my WP), the 8:15-11:00 segment has turn to unavailable....

Hope this gives you some ideas.

• Etienne

Hello all,

Surprisingly, the display is effective again since yesterday.
    I haven't touch anything for a while, and it seems to works quite well since monday.
    Also for new appointments, user name are shown upon 'hover'

Is there any thing related to 'working days' that affect displaying during weekends ??

@Kieran : any changes since monday for you ?

I also keep the settings to 'London time' : it's not normal and may affect other function of my install, but it is still the only way to have "Appointments+" working

Etienne

• Tyler Postle

Thanks for mentioning that again Etienne, so you didn't make any changes that you know of between when it was working and when it wasn't? Any setting changes or appointment changes?

Any of those details would help in sorting out the issue :slight_smile: I will let the developer know again that it isn't showing up, as when they came by the thread earlier you had it working so they didn't feel a response was needed at that point.

@Kieran, thanks for chiming in and mentioning you don't have it working either.

I also keep the settings to 'London time' : it's not normal and may affect other function of my install, but it is still the only way to have "Appointments+" working

So you aren't in the london timezone? but it's the only time zone that works with Appointments+ for you? Sorry I'm a little bit confused on this one. If you can provide a bit more information I would be more than happy to assist!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Etienne,

One more thing, would you mind re-granting support access again? Just in-case we need to go in and take another look at settings and/or the calendar :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Also, I just realized you said that you have it working again in your last message - definitely interested to see whether it is working for @Kieran too.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.