how to configure chat plugin

i have downloaded the chat plugin for buddy press site. 118768_chat-1.2. i tried to set all the parameters in setting of plugin but i had seen parameters are not working in if they are saved.

i tried to do re size chat window but it is not happening. even chat window is showing if user is logout. i want to activate chat window only after user log in to website.

also chat window option does not have any log message option. where as on the plugin page it shows window chat on bottom has log message option. Also i want this chat only to be done between friends.

request support

• Patrick

Hi @bhavin_patel

I'm sorry, but it's not clear what you want to do. You say this...

i want to activate chat window only after user log in to website.

... and this...

also chat window option does not have any log message option.

Do you want the chat activated for visitors, or only logged-in users? Also, are you referring to the chat you embed on a page, or the bottom-corner chat?

To adjust settings for the bottom-corner chat, please be sure you are on the correct tab as shown in the screenshots below:

• bhavin_patel

@Patrick

Ooohh let me explain in detail and understandable manner.. First of all i apologies for my wording and explanation which caused difficulty for you to make out my issue...

My points are:

1. When i activate the chat plugin and configure the setting then after this when is access my link (for example : http://www.mydom.com) i get a chat window at right bottom corner even with out login in to the website. That means chat window is visible to non - loged in users also. This i don't want. This chat window at bottom corner should only visible when some one log in to the website.

2. I tried to set the parameter for the bottom corner chat window like dimension and all but even after saving this changes, on front end changes are not happening. chat window size remain to default only.

3. I want chat should only be possible with between users who are friends and connected with each other and only user can see personal online in chat window who is in his friends list and vis versa. . I do not want public chat where user can send message to any one on site. Similar like some one to one chat available on other sites.

4. when i go through the document through the document of this plugin at below link

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-chat-plugin/

i see that in configuration tab of bottom corner chat (last photo in above link) there is a option of Logs : Creation and Display below option Fonts. but in actual plugin i was not able to find such Logs option for Bottom Corner Chat. Yes it is available for In Post Chat Option tab. I hope this is used to store history of chat.

I hope i was able to explain my self little bit more this time and you would be able to get idea of my issue.

• aecnu

Greetings bhavin_patel,

Thank you for your additional input and it indeed appears that this ticket has gotten away from Patrick in any event.

In your clarification of what you want to do above including but not limited to item #3 unfortunately are not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Paul

1. When i activate the chat plugin and configure the setting then after this when is access my link (for example : http://www.mydom.com) i get a chat window at right bottom corner even with out login in to the website. That means chat window is visible to non - loged in users also. This i don't want. This chat window at bottom corner should only visible when some one log in to the website.

This feature is coming in the next release actually. How this will work is on the login options IF you on;y have the 'WordPress user' checkbox set and NOT Public, Facebook or Twitter then it assumes you only want to show the chat to WordPress authenticated users. So the bottom corner as well as the inline shortcode will be hidden until the user is authenticated.

2. I tried to set the parameter for the bottom corner chat window like dimension and all but even after saving this changes, on front end changes are not happening. chat window size remain to default only.

Try clearing your browser cache completely. This does work properly on both the bottom corner chat and inline shortcode. Also on the height/width input make sure you are putting the proper size qualifier: px, etc.

3. I want chat should only be possible with between users who are friends and connected with each other and only user can see personal online in chat window who is in his friends list and vis versa. . I do not want public chat where user can send message to any one on site. Similar like some one to one chat available on other sites.

Sorry our chat plugin does not function as a private user-to-user chat. Our chat plugin function in somewhat different way. We actually use this plugin on our own site to host group chat session. The group chat session assume there is a moderator to open, close and archive the chat session. I'll leave this as a feature request since we are developing changes to provide this.

4. when i go through the document through the document of this plugin at below link

Not sure why the logs option was dropped for the bottom corner chat. Probably because there is no way to display the logs within the bottom corner chat window. Will investigate and see if there can be added somehow.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.