How to configure directory plugin correctly

Hi there,

I need some help as I bought the directory plugin now and it doesn’t work as expected.

Some stuff about our project before.

1. It’s a standard WordPress installation with the standard theme (see http://www.e-commerce-guide.de).

2. The only thing that is configured yet are perma links as the URL should be the categories and the post name: /%category%/%postname%/

3. The plugin now added a “Sign Up” Link in the header, linking to http://www.e-commerce-guide.de/sign-up/ – but it doesn’t show anything.

4. I also miss the form, where the user can submit a new listing as a guest. I asked by mail if this is possible, but I can’t find an option to show the form before the checkout.

5. If I switch the template to “Directory Theme” the URL behind “Sign Up” isn’t “/sign-up/” but “/checkout/” (see http://www.e-commerce-guide.de/checkout/). It shows me a “Nothing Found”.

6. I only want to offer a one-time fee and no recurring payments. How is that possible?

Could someone help me, solving this problems? I could also give FTP and backend access to a WPMU-Supporter.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings from Germany,

Martin

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya Martin!

Let’s deal with each of those at once…

3. The plugin now added a “Sign Up” Link in the header, linking to http://www.e-commerce-guide.de/sign-up/ – but it doesn’t show anything.

Can you let me know what you see when you edit that page in the WordPress dashboard please?

4. I also miss the form, where the user can submit a new listing as a guest. I asked by mail if this is possible, but I can’t find an option to show the form before the checkout.

Not sure what you mean by guest? Are you hoping to allow free listings? If so that isn’t currently available.

5. If I switch the template to “Directory Theme” the URL behind “Sign Up” isn’t “/sign-up/” but “/checkout/” (see http://www.e-commerce-guide.de/checkout/). It shows me a “Nothing Found”.

Ah – looks like that’s a bug – I’ll get that to the developer for fixing, thanks!

6. I only want to offer a one-time fee and no recurring payments. How is that possible?

That isn’t possible at the moment I’m afraid. However, if you’d like to post that in the feature requests section I’m sure we can see if there’s enough demand for that as a new feature!

Cheers!

Phil

• 7thSENSE
    • New Recruit

3. Oh – okay. Didn’t know it’s just a page. Unfortunately it redirects me to the startpage automatically. I now changed the link to “/checkout/” and it shows my test content now. But where’s the correct checkout now where guests can pay for an account? :slight_smile:

4. A guest is a visitor that is not logged in. I didn’t mean free listings, but I want the users to fill out the form and THEN pay for it to get their posts activated. I thought that was clear after my mail where you told me that this is actually possible. However it looks like they now have to pay before they can do anything. I hope this is okay for my boss – will know that next week..

5. Okay, good to know.

6. Okay, so maybe we have to change our concepts to meet this feature. That may be no problem.

For you to understand the background of this project: This should be a SEO wordpress blog about e-commerce with only standard functionality. We have many categories – let’s call them “Category A” and “Category B” and a sub category “Category C”. We now have blog posts in “Category C” with the URL “/category-a/category-c/my-post-title/”. So far this is all standard wordpress.

If a guest is in category “Category C” – we wanna show him a link like “Want a link in this category?”

If he clicks on it, he is able to buy a link entry with title, description, picture and link which is shown in a PARALLEL category (also named “Category C” – but within the directory and not within the blog entries). So we have a “Category C” with blog posts and a “Category C” with links. :slight_smile:

Did you understand this description? :slight_smile:

If you know how to configure that fast I could give you backend access, if that makes it easier. :slight_smile: That would be really nice!

Thanks so far – greetings from Germany,

Martin

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

3. The correct page is /sign-up so we’ll have to get that working first… You could try deleting the page (remove from trash too) and then re-activating the plugin.

4. Ah I see. It’s not possible at the moment to allow access to listings without users first registering and they need to pay to complete their registration.

6. Okay I see. There’s not a defined way to associate post categories with listing categories in such a way that you could direct someone to the right category in the directory automatically – that would require some custom coding. Off the top of my head I’m unsure how you could achieve that.

You could certainly display a list of category C listings next to category C blog posts if you wanted to do that though.

Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.