How to configure GoCardless with Pro Sites?

I want to be able to offer a GoCardless direct debit option via the manual payments.

I have been notified by GoCardless support that I simply need to insert a simple HTML link to their hosted direct debit set up page on our account.

Let's say a direct debit has been set up successfully by the client. Do I then have to manually create/upgrade their site?

Furthermore, how do I offer multiple gateway options to the end client. Is that possible?

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@Spencer

Hi there, firstly no its not possible to have more than one active gateway in prosites. The best i can do is to move this to features and requests and if we get enough interest in it, it could be considered for a later version. I have just spoken with the lead developer before responding to this and it would be a complex upgrade and would need to be offset by the interest from our users.

Regarding the direct debit you would need to create them menually unless the directdebit company offers some kind of api that pings you back to say that the payment has been setup. The only issue i se with this is that the first payment would need to be taken immediately for the account to be active,

Cheers

• Spencer
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I'm making progress on my GoCardless manual integration (see attached screenshot).

firstly no its not possible to have more than one active gateway in prosites

I understand the complexity of allowing this although this is no longer an issue. We're going for manual GoCardless integration all the way.

Regarding the direct debit you would need to create them menually unless the directdebit company offers some kind of api that pings you back to say that the payment has been setup.

There's an API, for sure, but there's no official native GoCardless gateway option in Pro Sites to do anything with it.

The only issue i se with this is that the first payment would need to be taken immediately for the account to be active

This is precisely why we'll be administering the upgrades of new sites paid for by direct debit authorisation and immediate payment within 24 hours whereby GoCardless will send all relevant "just got paid" emails to us.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.