How to configure iFrame pop-ups on a one-page Divi site

Hiya.

I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for solving a certain dilemma of mine...

I'm using the Divi theme to build my personal site. I want it to be a one-page site, and Divi makes most of building that pretty easy. Divi also has Portfolio modules for projects, which is great. However...if I display the projects on the single page, and you click on one of them, you're taken to that project's page -- which sort of defeats the point of a one-page site.

I would like the projects to appear in an iFrame popup, if possible. How can I do this so it happens automatically when someone clicks on a project in the Divi portfolio display? There are lots of popup plugins, and I even know how to make a popup modal in Bootstrap if need be. But I can't seem to figure out how to connect Divi's portfolio module to a popup.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Anton

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You can't connect it with Divi's portfolio module. Divi theme already have code to do something when that button is clicked. As Divi is a third party theme, I am not familiar with Divi code but usually it happens like this. If you use a third party plugin modal popup plugin, you need to follow the plugin instruction.

Otherwise you have to customize the portfolio button display code to fire the popup on click trigger. Maybe Divi theme developer can help with this?

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers
    Ash

• Anton
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Ashok -

I asked about this on the Divi support forums a few days ago, and so far no response.
    Looks like I'm going to have to just give up on using Divi's built-in portfolio modules, and build some custom portfolio types of my own just so I can more easily add an iframe popup. It's a lot of work, and I'm still trying to figure it all out... I will let you know if I need any help. :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.