How to configure the Easy Blogging Wizard?

I need more info as to how to configure the E B Wiz. I.E. How does one know the URL's of the different places of the dashboard? Is there a detailed manual somewhere?

• aecnu

Greetings Muffins,

Thank you for the great questions.

Is there a detailed manual somewhere?

No there is not but the answer is relative to WordPress URL's and the way it deals with them is by studying the URL's already given.

Nothing special about them, they are just addressing a WordPress php file name and if the file is in a sub directory coming from the root domain it would look something like: /subfolder/filename.php ~or!~ in some rare cases /subfolder/application/

Now that you now the URL protocol now we just need to figure out the URL we want possibly using the browser to get the URL and then inserting it in the proper protocol.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Muffins,

I shall totally rephrase what I am trying to point out.

Each menu item has a destination page or folder and so does each menu item you want to add.

So lets say for this example that the path to the file in in the root of WordPress - where we actually start all paths. For the menu addition the file is then its name example.php

So now lets say I what a menu item that is not in the root, lets call it events and the page I want them to see is http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/plugins/Events/events.php then you would want to set the path to something like /wp-content/plugins/Events/events.php

Though this is not the greatest example, it is the concept that I am trying to imply as the probable cure.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Muffins,

Thank you for the additional input, however this is not what I mean.

Go into your regular WordPress dashboard and find the page, feature, or function that you want to add within your Easy Blogging menu.

Then look at the URL in your browser, in this example I will use the dashboard Appearance menu selection which is /wp-admin/themes.php

In this case the URL for Easy Blogging will be either /wp-admin/themes.php but more likely just themes.php. This would need to be tested to know which one for sure, I am recalling this from memory clogged with 300+ WPMU Dev products! ... lol

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.