How to create a calendar view of all appointments made?

At the appointments page in the admin area for A+, I want to see appointments in a calendar view. I'd like it to be on top of the table view of the appointements. This way, the the CMS admin can see all appointments in a calendar display, not just table list.

Is it possible to use, say, jQuery Calendar to show appointments - or is there a plugin that would work? All plugins I have found show calendars in front end - but I want one in backend.

Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings synergy3c,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

Not on the admin side, but at the front end you can add this. if you set this page as "private" or "password protected" then it is only visible to you:

This is from FAQ:

How can I view my planner as a service provider in calendar view?
    Create a private or password protected page and include the schedule shortcode like this: [app_monthly_schedule worker="1"]. Replace 1 with your user ID which is the same as worker/provider ID. You can also use app_schedule shortcode for a weekly planner instead, or you can use both. You may consider adding app_pagination and app_my_appointments shortcodes too.

This works for a certain provider. For all appointments on your website you can use Google Calendar Integration, which will be available with the next release. Then you can follow them on your GCal.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• synergy3c

Thanks for you first response, aecnu,

And thanks Hakan for chiming in, However, your solution (to me) seems a bit convoluted. I found it odd to have to make a private page on the front end to view appointments in a calendar when all the appointments are already listed in the appointments tab in the admin section. Why can't the same appointments listed in table view be visible in a calendar view instead or as well?

Also, if I use your recommendation and use the short code, I am limited to viewing appointments for a particular user. As the owner, of a salon for instance, I want to see ALL appointments for the day, week, month and in future (regardless of provider).

All I could think was to 'hack' the appointments.php file to add in a jquery style calendar or similar that could take the same data that is shown in the appointments table. However, I cannot really find a way to do it. And because the date and time of the appointment is stored in a single filed in the appointments database table, it is more difficult. Most calendar plugins require the date and time to be in separate fields in a table, not a combined datetime field.

Any further suggestions, or tips?

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.