How to Create A Child Theme

Hi There,
I followed your article "How to create a child theme"

I am creating a child theme for the standard WordPress theme twentyseventeen.
I have created the sub folder and added the two files functions.php and style.css as suggested in the article.

Functions.php contains the following text
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'enqueue_parent_styles' );
function enqueue_parent_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri().'style.css' );
}

style.css contains the following text.
/*
Theme Name: Twenty Seventeen Child
Theme URI: http://yourwebsite.com/twentyfourteen-child/
Description: My first child theme, based on Twenty Fourteen
Author: David Pollard
Author URI: http://vjray.com.au
Template: twentyseventeen
Version: 1.0.0
Tags: one-column, two-columns, right-sidebar, flexible-header, accessibility-ready, custom-colors, custom-header, custom-menu, custom-logo, editor-style, featured-images, footer-widgets, post-formats, rtl-language-support, sticky-post, theme-options, threaded-comments, translation-ready
Text Domain: twenty-fourteen-child
*/

I copied the Tags: line from the parent theme's style.css
I have activated my child theme.

However when I load my page it has the following text at the top of the page.

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'enqueue_parent_styles' ); function enqueue_parent_styles() { wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri().'style.css' ); }
Skip to content

Sorry I can't grant you access to the page as it is behind a firewall. I'm not allowed to publish it until it is complete and fully tested.

Background.
I have removed most of the standard features of the twentyseventeen theme by using the dashboard menus and turning stuff off. My goal is to display only a fill in "contact" form and not allow access to any other part of the site. So the user is directed to the form via a link in an email to the form the need and they fill it in and submit it. Initially the form will be simple but I plan to customize it to include many dynamic features and content.
My Server is IIS 7.5 and WordPress is version 4.7.2

Let me know if you need additional information.
Thanks
David