how to create a custom google map

hi guys.. this perhaps is a bit unrelated and not necessarily to do with WP.

I want to create a page in a site, or an app for a custom google map that shows all the local hospitals etc.

any one aware of a easy way of achieving this?

• shan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

this will actually go in to an app.. Ie,, if some one opens that particular page in the app.. it will show all the nearest hospitals within 5 mile radius. I dont want to be manually adding markers. but want to use the data already available on google maps.

Hope this clarifies

regards

Shan

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello shan,

I hope you are well today. I apologize for the delay in response.

Using google maps, it is a very simple matter to search for the information you want to have markers on.

For example: I did a Google Search for "all hospitals within 5 miles of new york city". This generated to following results for me:

As you can see, I've already clicked the menu to get to the sharing options. Once there I clicked Share or embed map. That presented me with the following dialog.

Using the iframe embed option, I was able to then place the map on my page. I adjusted the width of the iframe to 100% to make the map take up the entire content area, but left the height to 450 as the default.

This should work for most popular queries. For more niche specific queries, you may need to work more in depth with the Google Maps API.

I hope this clarifies. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.