How to create a link directory WP Blog

I’m very new to WP so please excuse me. I just need help in a pointing me in a general direction. I’m trying to build a simple small searchable, usable directory of online courses. One a user can browse by category. Some courses will be appear in multiple categories (Science, School Ect) and the pages just need a small description & link. I tried the directory software on here, but I don’t want users to be able to submit pages, or be able to rate or comment on links. What direction should I go in to do this?

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

The directory plugin is still probably a good match for you. You simply need to disable user submitted posts and disable comments on posts. Both of which can be done from within WordPress.

I hope that gives you a good direction. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re happy to help!

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

You can accomplish the first part simply with some CSS.

And since the directory plugin uses custom post types, it is possible to accomplish both of your requests through templating. However, this requires some knowledge of WordPress theming.

I hope that answered your question. If there’s anything else I can do for you, please let me know. We’re happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.