How to Create a Page Template For Single Blog Pages and Archives

Does Upfront designDefault wordpress templates such as Achieve or category or single post pages and how?
For example: I started a blank upfront builder page and when I went to the single blog post "hello world" I could not see that regional builder triangle icon for setting up header region.

• Luís

Hi Shahram Sedehi ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Before start, let me just introduce the differences between the Upfront Builder plugin and the Upfront editor.

Upfront Builder

Upfront Builder is a new plugin to create your own Upfront child themes from the scratch, to design the base of your Upfront child theme.

You can create your own layouts (single post, single page, archive, etc) and export the theme to be used in your site or in other installations. Also, you can edit the layouts of the Upfront starter themes too (Spirit, Fixer, Panino, etc..).

To launch the Upfront Builder, you can only go through Upfront > Builder, in your admin dashboard:

Upfront Editor

Upfront Editor is used to insert/edit content in your website (pages, posts). It can be started by clicking on Upfront icon in your admin bar.

So basically Upfront Builder is used to create the base of your theme, the structure, that will be used everytime you start a website.

Difference here is that , Upfront Editor can be used to change the layout too, but, the changes made using Upfront Editor will only be for that site and it will be not saved as new starting theme.

So you can use Upfront Builder to create a starting theme, activate it on your desired sites and then use Upfront Editor to make changes only.

So, regarding to your questions:

Does Upfront designDefault wordpress templates such as Achieve or category or single post pages and how?

Yes, you can design you own layouts, after launch the Upfront Builder, you can will see a "Layout" button in the left panel to create a layout for it:

For example: I started a blank upfront builder page and when I went to the single blog post "hello world" I could not see that regional builder triangle icon for setting up header region.

If you want to add a region for all the post, you can edit your theme using Upfront Builder to set this as a default for the "single post" layout.

To do this;

1) Go to Upfront -> Builder and click in Edit on the desired theme (your theme if you already created one);

2) In the left panel, click on Layouts and in the "Select a new Layout to Create" choose "Single Post";

3)Add the a new region, clicking in the edit region (pencil icon):

4) Then, click in the "plus" icon to add a new region wherever you want (above, below, left or right):

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.