How to create a private post for my subsite admins

Hi all,
I'm looking for a way to post news/updates to my sub site admins that will be available to them when they login to their sub site accounts. Somewhere either on the dashboard or the admin menu. Any suggestions? Thanks

• Guy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Quite possibly thank you. But I have a few issues with it so far.
    1) I have added the rss link to a post category on the main MU site. I have posted two test posts but since the posts in the Dashboard Feeds are only links the user will need to go to the post to read it all if it an except. The problem there is I don't know how to make them private to the sub site admins only. Can you advise please?
    2) I tried the options of excerpt or full post and only the full post worked. I couldn't get an except only option to work. Can you advise please?
    3) I added two posts but only one shows up even though I have set in the settings for up to 5 feed items to be shown. Can you advise please?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Guy,

1) I have added the rss link to a post category on the main MU site. I have posted two test posts but since the posts in the Dashboard Feeds are only links the user will need to go to the post to read it all if it an except. The problem there is I don't know how to make them private to the sub site admins only. Can you advise please?

Hmm, I guess that for protecting posts you will need to use something like Membership 2 plugin on that subsite, create private membership where you will add your subsite admins and only allow that membership to access posts.

2) I tried the options of excerpt or full post and only the full post worked. I couldn't get an except only option to work. Can you advise please?

I believe that this depends on feed setup itself, by default you should be able to do this by enabling full post but for your posts enter excerpt and this will show posts excerpt in dashboard feed.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Guy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

"I believe that this depends on feed setup itself, by default you should be able to do this by enabling full post but for your posts enter excerpt and this will show posts excerpt in dashboard feed."

But it doesn't work. so how do i just make it show excerpts?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Guy,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

If your feed URL contain a post listing with full post content, then if you enable the "Display item full content? Unchecked - Will show only excerpt." you should be seeing some excerpt text in Dashboard Feeds.

If this isn't happening for you, could you please grant us with support access for the website in question so we could better inspect this? You can do so via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, no need to share credentials. Here's a quick how-to guide with some extra info
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Take care,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.