how to have a one-page website and create a section on spirit

Hi all,

i’m creating my wedding website. I’m using Spirit.

I’d like to have a one-page website.

Is it possible that when i click on the menu, the page just slides to the section instead of opening a new page?

Second thing:

is it possible to create more “section” (or i think it’s called “region” ) (like the section “testimonial”, for example, or any other section that can have texte or picture)

Thank you

Matt :wink:

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Matt,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Is it possible that when i click on the menu, the page just slides to the section instead of opening a new page?

You will have to develop custom functionality to achieve it using the following solutions.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/page-scroll-to-id/

http://www.pootlepress.com/2013/02/video-tutorial-a-beginners-guide-on-how-to-create-a-single-page-wordpress-website/

http://para.llel.us/support/tutorials/linking-menu-items-to-sections-on-the-same-page/

http://www.designwall.com/guide/dw-page/

is it possible to create more "section" (or i think it's called "region" ) (like the section "testimonial", for example, or any other section that can have texte or picture)

Yes you can create it by using various Draggable elements of upfront in the edit mode as displayed in the attached screenshots.

Best Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• Mathieu
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

thank you for the answer

i’m having a look on the “page scroll to id widget” and i’m not doing so good with it.

BUT! i find out that it’s possible to have the option “scroll to anchor” with the Spirit menu and actually, this is what i need! :slight_smile:

for example, on the defaut theme, i can go to the about” section by clicking on “about” in the menu and the page just slides! that’s what i want to do with the other sections!

I searched a bit but i don’t know how to reproduce that with other sections. I’m sur it’s very easy. Can you explain me please?

Edit: i just found how to do with Spirit:

1 Go on the item i want to be linked.

2 click on the “option draw” that’s on the right

3 clic on “css style and anchor settings”

4 check the box “make this element an anchor”

5 give this element an ID

6 go back to the menu

7 double clic on the word i want to link

8 clic on the “link” draw

9 choose link to an anchor

10 select the ID created just before

Done!

Thank you

Matt

• Mathieu

Hi all,

I’ve got a little problem and i’m sur you can help.

so, on my website, made with Spirit, the first “region” is a 1080px * 770px

I have a bug with this region since a few days: i can’t put a slider any more. I mean: i can’t choose any photo to put in the slider anymore while it was possible before.

here is what i have now:

http://imagesia.com/nouvelle-image-bitmap_ulqe

you’ll see that i don’t have the button “add” anymore under the section “sliders order”

could you help me to fix this please?

(i don’t know how to delete and create the same region, … with the same dimensions)

regards

Mathieu

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Mathieu!

I think this might be a bug I just reported. Can you confirm a few things for me?

1. Are you using the latest versions of Spirit an Upfront?

2. Are you able to add a slider anywhere else on the page aside from the header?

Thanks!

Also, great work on finding how to link to anchors!

Take care, Matt!

• Mathieu

Hi, and thank you for your support

so i confirm that i have the latest version of spirit

About the slider, i can add it anywhere else. But i can also add it on top of the background (for example; i can choose a solid color for the background and i can add a big slider on it. What i can’t do is, in the background configuration, configurate a slider (instead of a solid color for example) and choose some pictures: there are no pictures any more and neither the button “add slider”

But i’ve notice another bug with the sliders. When i delete a picture from a slider, i can’t see any picture anymore of this slider. If i leave upfront, i see it again but with an “empty” picture also.

Hope i’ve been clear

Regards

Mathieu

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @mathieu

Sorry the response took a while longer than expected. Appreciate your patience

Looks like @michelle is really busy, I’m gonna take the liberty of chipping in here.

The latest upfront has a bunch of fixes, it should resolve a couple of issues described here. Can you do the update ?

Also great site and great couple .. all the best with the event :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jude

• Mathieu

Hello!

Sorry i couldn’t answer cause my membership was finished. I was surprised to find out that i must have a validate membership to be able to answer. I contacted the support that gave me one week free membership to reply

so, thank you very much. I saw that this update fixed the “italic” problem. I’m not gonna try to change anything on the website (like the slides) cause i’m done with it :wink:

well, thank you very much. You do a great job!

Regards

Mathieu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.