How to create a sell-able, pre-created website via Multi-Site?

I’m looking to create a website that will sell a website "template" to a user.

The user can purchase the “template” and their domain name; all located right within my multi-site.

I'd also like to do this exclusively with the plugins located at WPMUDev.

So, here are some details:

The website is for churches around the country.

A church can go to our website, buy a "template" that we offer and they will essentially have their own website.

I've started testing with your plugin "New Blog Templates”, however, I want to be able to have good control over the look of the “template” that the church would buy. For example, I would like to limit what they see in a theme options panel for that particular theme. Can this be limited or is it not possible? Can I also limit specific pages? Can I set it up so that under Reading Settings>Front Page Displays” that a static page, i.e. “homepage” and “blog” are the pages automatically set? Can Menu’s be automatically set? Can Homepage's be automatically set? Can Homepage's be locked? Can Menu’s be locked?

Can the actual Page that is created for “New Blog Templates”, that lists the different purchase options and features of each (aka the “plans"), be styled differently? Or is that something that is going to have to be coded to be changed?

• Ash

Hello @Robert

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Yes, in your case NBT is right choice. You can also try our Pro Sites plugin to have control over the whole network.

But the other things, like:

For example, I would like to limit what they see in a theme options panel for that particular theme. Can this be limited or is it not possible? Can I also limit specific pages? Can I set it up so that under Reading Settings>Front Page Displays” that a static page, i.e. “homepage” and “blog” are the pages automatically set? Can Menu’s be automatically set? Can Homepage's be automatically set? Can Homepage's be locked? Can Menu’s be locked?

All are possible using custom code. You need to write code for all themes individually to hide the options. There is no plugin settings for that.

Can the actual Page that is created for “New Blog Templates”, that lists the different purchase options and features of each (aka the “plans"), be styled differently?

I am sorry, I don't understand this clearly. Would you please rephrase or elaborate?

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.