How to create a single column theme for MarketPress plugin with FrameMarket theme and GridMarket chi

Hi,

Per Kimberly instruction I am creating a new ticket for my question.

•How to create a single column theme for MarketPress plugin with FrameMarket theme and GridMarket child theme?

Here is what I did per Kimberly's instructions?
I removed the following code <?php get_sidebar(); ?> from Page Template (page.php) located in the FrameMarket theme.

This instruction allowed removal of the sidebar from the theme but did not remove the sidebar from the MarketPress plugin pages such as Store page.
Also the content of the pages remain positioned to the right with a large empty space to the left where the sidebar was located.

•Other concerns how would these changes be affected by the next update for any of MarketPress plugin with FrameMarket theme and GridMarket child theme.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @CyberZorro0

Thank you for posting here and for being a member of our Community!

I looked into this and found that the best way to do this would be to follow the instructions on themeing MarketPress. You can find it in the MarketPress zip file that you downloaded:

marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_MarketPress.txt

Just to quote some advice from there:

Advanced Themes:

MarketPress uses custom post types to display it's products. This means that you can use the same WP theme templating system you are familiar with. We simply provide a customized subset of template functions so you don't have to worry about dealing with post meta. Template functions are fully documented and can be found in the /marketpress/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php file.

MarketPress searches your current theme folder for template files specific to store pages. If a template file does not exist it loads the theme's page template instead. Just like WP, the plugin will search for templates in order of priority from top to bottom. Here are possible file names for store templates in order:

Single Product Page
    mp_product-PRODUCTNAME.php
    mp_product-PRODUCTID.php
    mp_product.php

Store Page
    mp_store.php

... and so on :slight_smile:

You can use the same setup as what FrameMarket is using (the amended version without the sidebar). Let me know if it works :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Gina

• aecnu

Greetings CyberZorro0,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.