How to create additional listing packages in the directory plugin?

Hello,

I'd like to create different listing packages for the directory I am building.

E.g. the listing package "basic" with a certain amount of copy, 1 pic, email; "silver" with more copy, 3 pics, email and tel nr and so on.

How can I do that?

Thank you for your time!

• Poyel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for your reply, Kimberly.

Any ideas through? Possible workarounds? ("It's like having your own developer" :wink:)

It strikes me that this would a very obvious feature for any directory site. I will submit this as a feature request.

Meanwhile any ideas highly appreciated. Or perhaps other applications?

Thanks,
    Poyel

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

It's like having your own developer"

Have you priced custom development? :wink:

Yes the developers are here to help fix things and we always are welcome to feature requests.

This particular plugin is just coming out of a months long recode to make it more functional, the tiers are in development. BUt we certainly can't custom code just for one person's needs. Our solution is to find something that works for everyone, and that is in teh works for Directory : D

It is a standard request, and we are in the process of making it happen :slight_smile: If we'd include every possible feature in every single release we'd never actually get the plugins out the door! lol

• Poyel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

When did I ask for custom coding?

I was merely asking for suggestions and ideas in my reply quoting marketing lingo from this site that suggests a forthcoming attitude from support stuff in his support forum rather than saying "no cannot" and "resolving" the support topic at once.

Best,

Poyel

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey Poyel,

Very sorry if you interpreted my response in any way that was untoward. I am only echoing the terms put forth by our Lead Developer and my Supervisor, clearly outlined here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/export-order-details#post-194890

As for work around, the reason I have suggested none is because there are none that satisfy the conditions you are asking for. My reasoning: the conditions you wish to create are for limiting posting features. At its core WordPress only limits the ABILITY to post, not features, so taking this to a more Granular state would be altering the CORE of WordPress as well as the Plugin.

The only suggestion I could think to make would be to use the Membership plugin in conjunction with the existing WordPress user roles, or creating your own with User Role Editor of some sort, then associating those roles with the Subscriptions and limiting use by those two plugins.

I am very sorry I did not elaborate more before. I'll be glad to offer any more feedback on any questions you have.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.