How to create blog after member registration?

Hi,

After a user becomes a member, how do they create their own blog/site? If I go to my /wp-signup.php page, it redirects me to the join page, which incidentally has all the membership options again (but not the option to create a new blog), thus kinda going in a loop. Multisite is setup and working fine, as well as ProSites, with Pay to Blog, enabled. Oh yeah, I added a positive blog creation tool for this membership plan.

Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Justin,

This is gonna need some testing and I will need to check what is going on.

First of all, Membership and Prosites do not integrate. A site can only have one signup form and not separate for membership and prosites.

An issue was discussed here as well : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-and-prosites-integration-for-blog-creation

I would suggest a different approach if you want to use both the systems on your site. Use ProSites on the main site and Membership on a subsite on your network.

Or you can just use Membership and not prosites. You can only allow a high paying member to create a site if you want to monetize that.

If you want to use them on one site, Membership and Pro Sites do not integrate.

Cheers, PC

• JHouse
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you.

Are you suggesting I do something like this, if I want to have both ProSites and Membership working?

1. Run ProSites on parent site, such as ParentDomain.com
    2. Run Membership on subsite, such as subsite.ParentDomain.com

If I take this approach, should I have the user sign up via the ProSites form first (on the parent site), then the Membership form afterwards, or vice versa?

Also, just to be clear, since I want to provide the user with a site, in addition to forum support, do they need to sign up and pay twice? Given the features of ProSites and Membership, I really need to use both, but was just trying to avoid double sign-ups.

Thanks again for your help.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Justin.

Thanks for standing by,

What you are trying to achieve is gonna need some custom work as Membership will not be the best solution in this case.

For example look at the thread here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/whats-the-best-way-to-restrict-access-to-pages-for-pro-users-only-on-the-main-website

You will need to write a plugin which will check if the current user is a prosite owner or not and restrict access accordingly.

As it will fall into custom development category, we have a limited scope of support for the same. However, we do have a Job board here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ and you can post a job requirement here to get someone do it for you.

Alternatively you can try out https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-support-plugin-version-18-beta-1

It's a support system plugin and now supports Prosite integration. That can be a better option for you.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Justin,

I came across your other thread about the same issue.

Yes, the reason for the Membership plugin is to control access to my bbforums for paid customers. Plus, as mentioned, I want to use it to allow x blogs for different levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold) and other membership options.

Yes, I've Network Activated ProSites, the main site is for capturing PS signups, but I have the forums and Membership on the parent site. I'd like to keep it this way, but if you think I should move it to a sub site, I will. I just want to keep it all under one roof, if possible, and thus simple on my customers.

So basically you are looking for restricting the number of blogs a user can create as per his membership level ? Is that correct ?

If yes, are you also looking to restrict the number of plugins available to a particular level or the only difference in all the levels would be the number of sites they can create.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.