How to Create CaringBridge Type Site in WordPress?

I have a client that is wanting to create a CaringBridge (caringbridge.org) type of site. Users register and are able to create their own sites. The sites would basically be cookie cutter sites with minimal personalizing. While this is beyond anything I've done to date, it is something I am sure I can do. I think it should be possible to do using WordPress Multisite with some customization. I saw a thread from 2013 regarding this same exact issue, but since that thread is 2 years old, I'm starting a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can you point me in the right direction?

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Jason!

You can do this easy as pie with New Blog Templates. With that installed, you'll create a template site that can be applied to all new sites (or users can have a choice of templates). If you'd like to monetize that process, you can bring our ProSites into the mix, which will give you a few more options you can offer users. It sounds like New Blog Templates would be all you need here, however.

Without either, you still have some options. In the Network Settings tab of your Network Admin dashboard (which you'll see once mulitisite is set up correctly) you can adjust the default theme of all new sites, and you have some control over a variety of other settings for your new sites. New Blog Templates is going to give you more options (like including plugins/menus/widgets/posts/pages/etc) than the bare bones, but if what you're doing is pretty straightforward, that might be enough.

Hope this helps a bit!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.