How to create child theme for wpmu membership pages

Hello,

How can I create child theme for the WPMU Membership generated pages? I'm wanting to modify the account page, registration page and also any other pages that may be generated by the WPMU Membership plugin. The reason I'd like to do this is so if I make edits and update the plugin, my edits do not get overwritten. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @creativenauts,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

This isn't currently possible out of the box, which changes did you want to make? Any CSS could be changed in style.css of your main theme :slight_smile:

We are looking into this for the next version :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• creativenauts
    • New Recruit

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick response. That's unfortunate because the out of the box design for these pages do not look good at all and do not match our branding.

For Example, the sign-up page that displays all of the memberships levels, we want those in pricing tables format, right now they are simply just in boxes.

When is the next release going to be? Also, where are these files located so I can go ahead and edit the templates until the next release.

Thanks!

-Derek

• creativenauts
    • New Recruit

Also, simple CSS changes is not going to help us with what we are looking to do. We need to structurally change the layouts of these pages, add some eye candy to them and make them look more professional, right now the out of the box pages look like they were designed in the 90's. :stuck_out_tongue:

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @creativenauts,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

I can completely see where you are coming from, we are looking into the possibility of allowing template files to be moved to a child theme for customization in the next major update, though we don't currently have a ETA.

In the mean time, it is possible to custom code a form for membership sign up, but this would require custom development.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.