How to create filters for events+, category, city and dates

Hi! i have some problem with filtering events.
Lets start from the beginning. At first, I didn't like how the events archive was looking, so I changing it using parts of WPMU's code, creating archive-events.php. Now it shows all the events, no matter what category I choose.
One more feature what I need is to create filters: category in dropdown, by date (time range) and city(would be nice).
And another issue what I found is, when you go to single event, sometimes you need to reload page for google map to appear.
Please advise

Rupok

Hi Alfonso,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. Let me describe one by one.

I changing it using parts of WPMU's code, creating archive-events.php

After creating the "archive-events.php" file, did you put it inside the theme directory, right? So you can simply rename that file to "archive-events.php.BAK". That will make Events+ use the default template. Can you please check if you can regenerate this issue in the default template? I tried to regenerate this on my test site but I could not. So I think, this is your site specific issue.

You can also change the layout of the events archive page by going to "Dashboard > Events > Settings > Appearance Settings" section and check-marking the "Override default appearance?" option. You can choose from couple of templates for events archives.

One more feature what I need is to create filters

I'm afraid, this feature is not natively available in Events+ archive templates. I searched for a ready-made solution but I could not find any.

However, I've found couple of solutions for filtering posts by category, date etc. These might give you idea regarding how you can filter your events with your desired parameters:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/add-post-filters/
    https://rudrastyh.com/wordpress/ajax-post-filters.html

If you don't get comfortable in writing your advanced custom code for this custom task, you can always hire a developer from our Jobs Section. Please keep in mind, developers found in our Jobs Section are not associated with us in any way. So communicate with them well before making any payments to them.

Regarding the Google Maps loading issue, as this is not happening constantly, I think, this is your network related issue. Can you please try clearing the cache and cookies of your browser and try again? Can you also check this from a different browser/computer/network? I believe, this issue will be resolved.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok