How to create new payment gateway for ProSites+ theme to be available one at a time

Hi

(1) Can you give me some boilerplate/generic code which I can modify, that allows me to add a new payment gateway to ProSites? I basically want to add some payment gateways--> FastSpring and Moneybookers, to ProSites. If you can give me some starting code (which I can use to create such payment gateway plugins) that would be very helpful for me.
Another query related to above point-- as per current ProSites payment gateways--> can a user cancel his Paypal/Stripe subscriptions through ProSites? Or does he have to go to the PayPal/Stripe site and make changes to his subscriptions there directly?

(2) Currently in ProSites-> a user can purchase one premium plugin at a time--> I want similar functionality to be available for themes as well--> so that the user can purchase one theme at a time. Please let me know how to implement such functionality in ProSites.

Finally, for both the points above, ideally I would want my changes to work even when ProSites is updated periodically.

Yours sincerely,
Arvind.

• aecnu

Greetings Arvind,

Thank you for the great question and in my last post which appears blank I indeed included the coding and answered your questions but it appears that the system has indeed stripped it out :slight_frown:

So here we go again.

(1) Can you give me some boilerplate/generic code which I can modify, that allows me to add a new payment gateway to ProSites?

\pro-sites\pro-sites-files\gateways use and modify/codify the gateway-paypal-express-pro.php file for your custom gateway(s)

as per current ProSites payment gateways--> can a user cancel his Paypal/Stripe subscriptions through ProSites?

No

Or does he have to go to the PayPal/Stripe site and make changes to his subscriptions there directly?

Yes

(2) Currently in ProSites-> a user can purchase one premium plugin at a time

No they can't, who told you that or what am I missing here? I admit it is a bit tough keeping up with 300+ products and there enhancements but where did you see this?

Finally, for both the points above, ideally I would want my changes to work even when ProSites is updated periodically.

How do you think that is going to happen unless the custom coding is included on our side for all to gather?

It is not. You are responsible for custom coding, it is impossible for us to deal with everyone's custom coding and it will not be included in the svn unless adopted for everyone.

Please advise about my questions please, I want to get to the bottom of these statements or assumptions.

Cheers, Joe

• Arvind

Hello Joe

With ref to this page on ProSites--> https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

this is there in the content--"Premium Plugins – Allows you to create plugin packages only available to selected Pro Site levels."

Does this not mean that I can create many plugin packages--> put one plugin in one package--> link one such package to a ProSite level--> so that one plugin corresponds to a ProSite level?

Another portion of content on the above page-->
    "Premium Themes – Allows you to give access to selected themes to a Pro Site level."

Does the above mean that I can link one premium theme to one prosites level (so that there are as many prosites levels as there are themes)?

The basic idea is the same-- to sell paid upgrades--> one upgrade consists of one (or more) themes and / or one (or more) plugins.

I am sorry if I misunderstood the above-- please clarify :slight_smile:

Yours sincerely,
    Arvind.

• aecnu

Greetings Arvind,

Thank you for the additional and clarifying input which is absolutely appreciated.

Does this not mean that I can create many plugin packages--> put one plugin in one package--> link one such package to a ProSite level--> so that one plugin corresponds to a ProSite level?

Close but not quite there because the system is hierarchical being that once you set a level to be able to access a certain plugin and/or theme, all levels ABOVE it are able to access the same.

Does the above mean that I can link one premium theme to one prosites level (so that there are as many prosites levels as there are themes)?

The answer I gave immediately above applies equally here as well - it is hierarchical --> all levels ABOVE it are able to access the same.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.