How to create new sites from the front end

Hello,
I have a multisite install.
Yesterday, I installed woocommerce on the emain site. Woo made my admin bar disappear for suscribers on the main site.
Art first I thought this was an issue, but now I believe the site looks faster... So maybe I will keep the site with no admin bar.
However the issue I am having is that suscribers cannot access to the sites for the back end and therefore they have no visible options to create new additional subsites.
Is there a way, just a simple link that will allow sucribers to create new additional sites form the front end of the main site ?
If not, I have gravity forms and I use this to register new suscribers and give them options to create sites... Will that be an option ?

Thanks a lot,
Hervé

• Anang

Hi @Hervé

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

You can create a link to your pro sites page. It will display current member's site (and options to upgrade) and signup link if you check "allow multiple blogs" in Pro Sites. To check where's your Pro Sites page , you can go to Pro Sites - Settings - General Settings - Checkout page. You can click "edit checkout page" and view the page from there.

Let me know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Hervé

Hi Anang,
    thanks. this is indeed the way to go. However I remain very skeptical about prosites; the idea is great. It is full of features. But it doesn't seem to work.
    Look at my last request :https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-sites-prevents-users-to-create-new-blogs#post-924176
    here you find prosites is in conflict with buddypress.
    Prosites is ideal for me. But I just need it to work. I really hope you guys could make it work for me.
    In the meantime, I need to find other ways, other alternatives. I reckon I will not have al the features but I am thinking of having a membership plugin linked with a commerce plugin to sell some services and packages. I am looking at a basic option. For exemple, having one free option and one paid option only with a free "subdomain subsite" and a paid main domain subsite option. So for this I will need to link/map domains site with a reccuring payment.
    Is this feasible with domain mapping and marketpress or membership ?
    and again, if prosites is not fixed for me, how my users could create subsites from frent end ?
    Best regards,
    Hervé

• Hervé

Hi Anang,
    thanks. this is indeed the way to go. However I remain very skeptical about prosites; the idea is great. It is full of features. But it doesn't seem to work.
    Look at my last request :https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-sites-prevents-users-to-create-new-blogs#post-924176
    here you find prosites is in conflict with buddypress.
    Prosites is ideal for me. But I just need it to work. I really hope you guys could make it work for me.
    In the meantime, I need to find other ways, other alternatives. I reckon I will not have al the features but I am thinking of having a membership plugin linked with a commerce plugin to sell some services and packages. I am looking at a basic option. For exemple, having one free option and one paid option only with a free "subdomain subsite" and a paid main domain subsite option. So for this I will need to link/map domains site with a reccuring payment.
    and again, if prosites is not fixed for me, how my users could create subsites from frent end ?
    Best regards,
    Hervé

• Anang

Hi Herve

having one free option and one paid option only with a free "subdomain subsite" and a paid main domain subsite option. So for this I will need to link/map domains site with a reccuring payment.

I don't think it's possible without a lot custom code to get it worked. If you want to add premium domain with domain mapping, you can include them as a feature to one of level available. Pro Sites has Domain Mapping integration feature :slight_smile: But Pro Sites currently didn't support selling features as additional package :slight_smile:

Would you mind to revoke and re-grant access for me ? I have tested on my installation Multisite + Pro Sites + Buddypress but I don't get any issues with creating new site . Maybe there's some settings that I can tweak in your site :slight_smile:

Looking forward for the access :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Hervé

Hello,
    It looks far better . Thank you !
    Another thing, I will only use one theme the beaver theme along with the beaver builder. I am doing this in order to make thing simple for my users and myself for support purposes... :slight_smile:
    However I have removed the 15 theme and would like to make each new site build to start with beaver theme. right now not working and new sites are blank because there is no theme assigned to them.... How can I achieves this ?

Question 2 . I would like to create a free service with prosites. Users will get the ability to create sites for free for anytime they wish but only with subdomain name, limited support and plugins.
    I am confused about how to achieve this with prosites. Do I need to create a first free level within Prosites ? I would say yes, but i can see that users can click on "continue with free site" on the price table page... which is not an option within prosites.
    SO this is getting me confused. And if Free level is not defined within a level, how will I define what is included in the free level ?

So more questions for you :slight_smile:
    Tnanks in advance and best regards,
    Hervé

• Anang

Hi @Hervé

However I have removed the 15 theme and would like to make each new site build to start with beaver theme. right now not working and new sites are blank because there is no theme assigned to them.... How can I achieves this ?

You can use our plugin called New Blog Template
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/
    You need to setup one subsite (set the themes, plugins, settings, etc) and then use it as template for new sites created by multisite later. The new sites will have same themes, plugins as your template. Set your template blog with Beaver theme, and new site created will have Beaver theme :slight_smile:

SO this is getting me confused. And if Free level is not defined within a level, how will I define what is included in the free level ?

The access settings is available per addon you used. For example if you activated Premium Plugins addons, you will see new menu created called Premium Plugins, and in Premium Plugins you can set what plugin is accessible for everyone (free level), or for certain level. If you want to use Premium Support, you will find Premium Support settings, in Pro Sites settings. So you can control access to your premium contents/ features inside their menus.

Let me know if you have any questions else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Hervé

Hello Anang,
    This solved very well the issue.
    I am currently playing around with prosites. i am impressed . The look and feel is not perfect. but the idea is brilliant.
    But I still need to get it right for my needs.
    What I want is to create a free level that users can benefit from. I this level users will be allowed to a max of let's say 10 sites, to avoid ghost sites with nothing on it. I will limit storage to 200 MO pers site, one theme, basic plugins and no domain name and maynbe one add per page, community support.
    On the first paid level. they will have access to their own domain, more plugins, priority support but sames theme, an add free, premium support.
    On the thirs and most expensive step, same services but more plugins and dedicated support.
    So I stop the bla bla for now. What I would like to have is a real free entry services that will be available to them. A free service that will be kept free. And when they ready/willing or needing to have their own live domain, then take a paid service.

Right now, I can see Prosites is configured in a way that freely give them access to a site with items for free for a certain amount of time. And then ask a payment or turn down the service if they don't pay..

This is not exactly what I wish to do. So How can I achieve what I wish to achieve ?

I would think creating a first step price at 0 Euros. but I don't know if this is best practice. If i do so, i will have a pricing table with a zero euro payment at entry point. will Prisites will recognize it ?

The idea behind this is to be able to promote first and above the free service. And then gently upsell when customers are hopefully liking the site creation service, have build up their sites and are ready to go live with their own domain with additional services. Of course, if they wish to pay first for servces. then no, issue :wink:
    My bet is that I might loose some upfront payers, but I might increase my base of potential users...
    So what Would you recommend I do, create a free service step ? Or another way ?

Other questions: I am using gravity forms and user reg. Is there a way to ingreate pro site in a user reg form ?

Can you limit the number of sites one user can create ?

Can I use another plugin pricing or CSS made table instead of the one form prosites ?

Best regards,
    Hervé

• Tyler Postle

Hey Herve,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll try to answer your questions individually :slight_smile: here we go:

What I would like to have is a real free entry services that will be available to them. A free service that will be kept free. And when they ready/willing or needing to have their own live domain, then take a paid service.

Yes, so Pro Sites was actually designed to do exactly this. In-fact, you use to have to start with a free site before you could upgrade - it wasn't until just recently that we added the checkout on sign up feature :slight_smile: to allow free sites you need to check the option illustrated in my screenshot via: Pro Sites > Settings. That will give them a link on the checkout page where they can just continue with a free site.

I would think creating a first step price at 0 Euros. but I don't know if this is best practice. If i do so, i will have a pricing table with a zero euro payment at entry point. will Prisites will recognize it ?

Setting a price of zero instead likely won't work very well. For one, if you allow PayPal checkout, then it doesn't support $0 transactions so they will get an error. It's best to just use the built in free level as mentioned above.

Other questions: I am using gravity forms and user reg. Is there a way to ingreate pro site in a user reg form ?

You can implement the site creation step into Gravity Forms as that is just default Multisite behaviour; however, you won't be able to integrate the Pro Sites checkout into the Gravity Form without a lot of custom development. However, this would give you that free site form still - but they wouldn't have any option to pay first like they do with the Pro Sites sign up.

Can you limit the number of sites one user can create ?

You can limit them to 1 blog, or no limit. This is done on the Pro Sites > Settings page :slight_smile: as illustrated.

If you wanted to add other limits they would require custom development - we do have a jobs board for when you need custom development done though: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Can I use another plugin pricing or CSS made table instead of the one form prosites ?

We've actually implemented a lot of styling options into the current pricing table. You can see these via: Pro Sites > Pricing Table > Styling. Check those options out - there are some preset templates there as well.

Hope that helps! if you have any further questions just let us know Herve.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Hervé

Thanks a lot Tyler,
    I have seen these on the site. However I have still have questions.
    When a user is signing for a free site, he is still having a message in the toolbar that he will get free service for 30 days. and This is not what I want.
    I want him to get an infinite free time period for its site, within certains contraints, 100 M0 storage, some posts and budduppress limitations, no premium plugins, no domain name....
    I can see, I can put 10000 days maybe in free service field but will that also affect people who are signing up a premium service as well ?
    To summuraize, I Just want 2 simple steps:
    1) a free service with no set up charge, no reccuring fees, and no expiration.
    2) a paid service that will allow them a domain name, remove limitations, allow premium plugins with no trial free period.
    Is this simple 2 steps possible ?
    Best regards,
    Hervé

• Tyler Postle

Hey Herve,

The "Allow free sign up" as illustrated in my last post should be forever. It sounds like you still have trials on, if you disable free trials that should give you exactly what you want :slight_smile:

They should be able to sign up for a free site from the link illustrated in my last post or they can purchase a pro level and there won't be any trial period. They can always upgrade to the pro level from the free site too.

For the domain name you will need our Domain Mapping plugin as well. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

Hope that helps! If you still have further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.