How to customize a signup page.

I am trying to figure out how do I customize a signup page in the membership plugin. I have read the manual but it really doesn't cover exactly how to edit the sign up page. For example I want to add the name, email, etc fields but I don't know how to add those fields in a page and have it working properly.

Thank You
VM

• Tyler Postle

Hey VM,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

If you are wanting to add fields to the sign up then the easiest way is to combine it with BuddyPress :slight_smile:

It may seem like overkill at first, but luckily with BuddyPress you can turn off most of the components so you are left with just the extended profiles, which allows you to create new fields and those new fields will be used on the Membership sign up.

If you are wanting to completely customize the sign up form, then perhaps a solution such as Gravity Forms + User registration add-on would be better. That is a paid plugin but does have a ton of customization available to you.

Pie Register
    is another popular sign up form plugin that is free; however, I don't believe it integrates with Membership so you would need to setup the sign up form with Pie Register and have them sign up THEN send them to the subscription list page - whereas Membership sign up allows you to choose a subscription first.

Hope one of these solutions will do the trick for you VM!

Let me know if you have any further questions :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.