How to Customize Appoinments+ Booking Process. Custom Fields.

I need someone to point me on the right direction provided that what I want to accomplish can actually be done. I would appreciate any input.

I would like to know if there is a possibility that I can spread out the Appointments+ booking process.

For example, I want to add be able to add more custom fields in order to ask more information from the customer. I envision having a 3 step process where I first ask their information and to create account, then be able to select the therapist from a list of registered profiles from Buddy Press including their picture and then select the time accordingly. The last step would be the payment information.

Is this possible? any input is appreciate it.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Alx D, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

I envision having a 3 step process where I first ask their information and to create account, then be able to select the therapist from a list of registered profiles from Buddy Press including their picture and then select the time accordingly. The last step would be the payment information.

Is this possible?

I would think it possible, but in order to accomplish this setup you desire, a good deal of custom coding would be required. I would want to post a job for this on our Jobs Board, and have one of our Pros there develop this for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Alx,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your questions.

You can add more custom fields to the Appointment booking form by activating the Appointments+ "Additional fields" add-on from the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> Add-ons

Then you can add the Additional custom fields from the below path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Display Settings

To force users to first create an account and login, you need to set "Login required" to Yes on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Accessibility Settings

The payment step is always the last step of the appointment booking process but you need to configure the appointment payment settings from the following path by setting "Payment required" to True.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Settings -> General -> Payment Settings

then be able to select the therapist from a list of registered profiles from Buddy Press including their picture and then select the time accordingly.

You can set therapist users as appointment service providers on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Service Providers

Then display these service providers in the front end using the shortcode app_service_providers in the appointment page so that users can select them from drop down and confirm the appointment time.

Find information about Appointments shortcodes on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appointments -> Shortcodes

You will have to develop custom code to display their pictures.

Find more information about usage of Appointments+ plugin on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/#usage

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.