How to customize Easy Blogging template?

I really like this feature. It lets new users to make a website and write so easily but I need a few things to change in it.

1. I need to delete the "Exit easy mode" button so that subscribers wouldn't go out of it.

2. I'd like to customize it into a bit more Wordpress-like look so I need to customize a .css file and I can't find it.

4. And the last thing. How to change language of these buttons?

5. How to add more widgets to dashboard? Such as a quickpress and last comments?

Thanks for any help in advance :slight_smile:

RESOLVED:

3. I'd also like to add a "Plugins" bar so the users could turn on/off and customize the plugins as they like.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hey there, sure I can help you with these questions.

1. I need to delete the "Exit easy mode" button so that subscribers wouldn't go out of it.

On the main Easy Blogging Settings page, there are checkboxes you can toggle to force easy mode for any particular user roles. This never affects Super Admin so it's safe to check all the way up to administrator. As super admin you will always have the option to switch

2. I'd like to customize it into a bit more Wordpress-like look so I need to customize a .css file and I can't find it.

From the easy blogging plugin folder, look under themes. Easy has a style.css file that you can modify.

3. I'd also like to add a "Plugins" bar so the users could turn on/off and customize the plugins as they like.

Go to "Easy Blogging -> Menu Items" Then scroll down to the add new form. Enter whatever you like for the title ("Plugins" probably) and for the URL enter "plugins.php" There isn't an icon included for this, so you will need to add your own.

After you add the menu item, you will need to toggle it to be displayed by clicking the checkbox in the show column in the list of menu items and saving the options again.

4. And the last thing. How to change language of these buttons?

All of our themes and plugins at WPMU DEV are in English, but they all have their own language folder and can be translated just like WordPress, in fact there is even a free tool to assist you in making your own translations: http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress#Translating_With_Poedit

Translating these buttons would work just like any other translation in Wordpress.

Oh and 5th and the last question is - how to add more widgets to dashboard? Such as a quickpress and last comments?

From "Easy Blogging -> Add-ons" first activate the "Dashboard Widgets Setup" add-on. From there you can activate widgets to be displayed. If you don't see any items, you will need to view the dashboard on any site in easy mode at least once so it can populate a list.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.