How to deactivate specific plugins on a subsite of a multisite network?

I have installed a multisite wordpress network. I then installed some plugins on the network site and network activated them. However, there are some plugins which I would like to use on the parent site only but not on the subsites. For example, if I use a fundraising plugin. I want the capability to fundraise only on the parent site and not on the subsites. How do I go about doing that? Thanks for your support.

• amused

if you "network activate" a plugin then as the name implies it will be activated on the network (on all sub sites).

if you don't want them activated then don't "network activate" the plugin.

if you don't want the plugin activated or to even be shown at all on the sub sites,
    then this plugin is your best friend :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

and it does the same for themes and a whole lot more :slight_smile:

BTW if you are picky and don't want the sub sites to have any access to plugins then Network Settings - (to the bottom) Menu Settings - uncheck - Enable administration menus.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Hardeep,

Hope you're doing well today! Looks like Amused has already provided the answer here, awesome :slight_smile:

If you don't network activate them then you can activate them on a site by site basis. and as Amused also kindly mentioned - you cna use our Pro Sites plugin to remove access to certain plugins for your subsites.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thanks for chipping in here @Amused! Always appreciated :slight_smile: sending some points your way.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.