How to deal with visitors who have JavaScript deactivated?

Hey there!
I'm working on a website project for a customer whose website visitors are likely to have javascript deacitvated.
The thing I did so far is a warning message with the noscript tag, in which I ask the visitors to turn on JS.
Is there a way to redirect visitors with deactivated JS or what is the standard procedure for these cases?

I use a WP theme that uses quit a lot of JS to display lots of its stuff... so the site looks pretty empty with JS deactivated...

thanks in advance

• Tyler Postle

Hey Flobrunner,

Hope you're doing well today!

Is there a way to redirect visitors with deactivated JS or what is the standard procedure for these cases?

Here is a stackoverflow post that has some solutions on non-JS redirects, give it a read and see if any will work for you :slight_smile: keep in mind the original posters question may be asking a slightly different question. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2489376/how-to-redirect-if-javascript-is-disabled

I use a WP theme that uses quit a lot of JS to display lots of its stuff... so the site looks pretty empty with JS deactivated...

Another option is of course to use a theme that relies less on Js for it's functionality. You should be able to find some awesome ones there depending on your needs :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any further questions here flobrunner. Happy to assist further if needed.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.