How to define category widget in back-end?

I have a knowledge base website that also uses use WordPress Download Manager Pro. The problem is that the categories that come up (in the backend) are different for theme articles and the download manager. I want these to be the same, so that I can create a theme category called "downloads" and have the download manager posts show up on the front-end of the site under the "downloads" category.

I am a noob, but it seems that the backend widget for theme articles is calling "taxonomy-category" and the download manager is calling "taxonomy-wpdmcategory", but I do not know how to make things work. I tried tinkering around with a few things, but I'm thinking that I am missing some functions and other stuff that I need to make the appropriate change. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

• Ash

Hello @Brian

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

but it seems that the backend widget for theme articles is calling "taxonomy-category"

Do you mean the post category? If yes, the taxonomy is just "category", not "taxonomy-category".

What I understood that you want to register a taxonomy to another registered custom post type. You can use a simple function to do that:

register_taxonomy_for_object_type( $taxonomy, $object_type );

So, you have to know the post type (object type) and the taxonomy name and use the above function in your theme's functions.php

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.