how to delete all files realted with a plugin in db

Hi
I have installed course press and after a few tweaks i wanted to start again from scratch, but i cant do it.
If i delete the plugin, every time i install it again the previous settings remain there.
How could i delete everything? i have tried to access to my db throug my phpmyadmin, but i dont know which tables are from the plugin.

Is there a way to remove it completly?
Thanks very much

• Susan

A lot of the settings are set in the database in the 'options' table. If you are using the default database prefix then this would be wp_options. Keep in mind that these options are set on a site by site basis so that means if you are using a multisite, then they will also be set in the options table for each site ('wp_options', 'wp_2_options', 'wp_3_options', etc...). Here is a sample query that lists the settings:

SELECT *
    FROM wp_options
    WHERE option_name LIKE '%coursepress%'

There may be some options still set somewhere, but these are the ones that I'm aware of.

• Vaughan

Hi @wordev,

Hope you're well?

The below SQL query should list you all the rows related to coursepress in the options table.

As mentioned by @Susan above, make sure you have the prefix correct if you are only using it on a subsite.

wp_options is for the main site for each subsequent subsite it would look like wp_2_options and so on.

SELECT *
    FROM  wp_options
    WHERE option_name LIKE  '%course%'
    OR option_name LIKE  '%cp_%'
    OR option_name LIKE  '%course%'
    OR option_name = 'login_slug'
    OR option_name = 'signup_slug'
    OR option_name LIKE '%student%'
    OR option_name LIKE '%instructor%'
    OR option_name LIKE '%enrollment%'

Once you have the list of Rows, and you doublecheck them, you can delete them with the following SQL query;

DELETE FROM  wp_options
    WHERE option_name LIKE  '%course%'
    OR option_name LIKE  '%cp_%'
    OR option_name LIKE  '%course%'
    OR option_name = 'login_slug'
    OR option_name = 'signup_slug'
    OR option_name LIKE '%student%'
    OR option_name LIKE '%instructor%'
    OR option_name LIKE '%enrollment%'

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.