How to delete messages?

Hi!

i would need help in deleting this messages

1) "Have a User Account?" -
screenshot 1:
http://medienservicestelle.at/bildservicestelle/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/1.jpg

appears at: http://medienservicestelle.at/bildservicestelle/store/shopping-cart/

2) "Login now to retrieve your saved info » " - screenshot 2: http://medienservicestelle.at/bildservicestelle/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2.jpg

appears at: http://medienservicestelle.at/bildservicestelle/store/shopping-cart/shipping/

Many Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings yourmedia_at,

Thank you for the great questions, they are certainly appreciated.

To change the text of files within the admin dashboard use the Custom Admin Text plugin or to change the text externally to the admin dashboard use the Ultimate Branding plugin's Network Wide Text Change feature to either change the text or make it blank.

The advantage of using these types of plugins for this purpose is that hard coding will not be over written when an update is done and the need to re-custom code.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings yourmedia_at,

That is amazing that the Network Wide Text Change feature was unable to change that text.

Of course because now it is not written in its native English I cannot search through the code to find the exact text.

What are you using to translate the site?

Have you gone to that file and removed the translation thereof from the file which in effect will remove the entry?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• yourmedia_at

i guess the way to do what i want to do is by changing the functions.php in marketpress. i guess i have to delete or comment out the "retrieve your info" fields and the right question would be- where to find them?

i discussed a similar question here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upload-file-for-downloadable-products-not-working?replies=7#post-268384

i use poedit to translate.

thing is: i want users not at all to login via wordpress.
    they just should give there emailadress, thats it.

I dont neet "Login now to retrieve your info"

PS. i changed what was possible in Poedit, but still the fields show up (screenshot 1) and as well the "retrieve your info" link (screenshot 2)

Many thanks!!

• Timothy Bowers

Thanks for asking me in your other thread to pop in here. :slight_smile:

You will need to edit the following:

/marketpress/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php Around line 442

Change this:

if ( is_user_logged_in() || defined('MP_HIDE_LOGIN_OPTION') ) {
        $content .= '<p class="mp_cart_direct_checkout">';
        $content .= '<a class="mp_cart_direct_checkout_link" href="'.mp_checkout_step_url('shipping').'">'.__('Checkout Now &raquo;', 'mp').'</a>';
        $content .= '</p>';
      } else {
        $content .= '<table class="mp_cart_login">';
        $content .= '<thead><tr>';
        $content .= '<th class="mp_cart_login">'.__('Have a User Account?', 'mp').'</th>';
        $content .= '<th>&nbsp;</th>';
        if ($settings['force_login'])
          $content .= '<th>'.__('Register To Checkout', 'mp').'</th>';
    		else
          $content .= '<th>'.__('Checkout Directly', 'mp').'</th>';
        $content .= '</tr></thead>';
        $content .= '<tbody>';
        $content .= '<tr>';
        $content .= '<td class="mp_cart_login">';
        $content .= '<form name="loginform" id="loginform" action="' . wp_login_url() .'" method="post">';
        $content .= '<label>'.__('Username', 'mp').'<br />';
        $content .= '<input type="text" name="log" id="user_login" class="input" value="" size="20" /></label>';
        $content .= '<br />';
        $content .= '<label>'.__('Password', 'mp').'<br />';
        $content .= '<input type="password" name="pwd" id="user_pass" class="input" value="" size="20" /></label>';
        $content .= '<br />';
        $content .= '<input type="submit" name="wp-submit" id="mp_login_submit" value="'.__('Login and Checkout &raquo;', 'mp').'" />';
        $content .= '<input type="hidden" name="redirect_to" value="'.mp_checkout_step_url('shipping').'" />';
        $content .= '</form>';
        $content .= '</td>';
        $content .= '<td class="mp_cart_or_label">'.__('or', 'mp').'</td>';
        $content .= '<td class="mp_cart_checkout">';
        if ($settings['force_login'])
        	$content .= apply_filters('register', '<a class="mp_cart_direct_checkout_link" href="'.site_url('wp-login.php?action=register', 'login').'">'.__('Register Now To Checkout &raquo;', 'mp').'</a>');
    		else
          $content .= '<a class="mp_cart_direct_checkout_link" href="' . mp_checkout_step_url('shipping') . '">' . __('Checkout Now &raquo;', 'mp') . '</a>';
    		$content .= '</td>';
        $content .= '</tr>';
        $content .= '</tbody>';
        $content .= '</table>';
      }

To something like this:

if ( is_user_logged_in() || defined('MP_HIDE_LOGIN_OPTION') ) {
        $content .= '<p class="mp_cart_direct_checkout">';
        $content .= '<a class="mp_cart_direct_checkout_link" href="'.mp_checkout_step_url('shipping').'">'.__('Checkout Now &raquo;', 'mp').'</a>';
        $content .= '</p>';
      } else {
        $content .= '<table class="mp_cart_login">';
        $content .= '<thead><tr>';
        $content .= '<th>'.__('Checkout Directly', 'mp').'</th>';
        $content .= '</tr></thead>';
        $content .= '<tbody>';
        $content .= '<tr>';
        $content .= '<td class="mp_cart_checkout">';
        if ($mp->get_setting('force_login'))
       	$content .= apply_filters('register', '<a class="mp_cart_direct_checkout_link" href="'.site_url('wp-login.php?action=register', 'login').'">'.__('Register Now To Checkout &raquo;', 'mp').'</a>');
    		else
        $content .= '<a class="mp_cart_direct_checkout_link" href="' . mp_checkout_step_url('shipping') . '">' . __('Checkout Now &raquo;', 'mp') . '</a>';
    	$content .= '</td>';
        $content .= '</tr>';
        $content .= '</tbody>';
        $content .= '</table>';

}

For the next log in link, in the same file remove this around line 511:

if ( !is_user_logged_in() && !defined('MP_HIDE_LOGIN_OPTION') && $editable) {

$content .= '<p class="mp_cart_login_msg">';

$content .= __('Made a purchase here before?', 'mp').' <a class="mp_cart_login_link" href="'.wp_login_url(mp_checkout_step_url('shipping')).'">'.__('Login now to retrieve your saved info &raquo;', 'mp').'</a>';

$content .= '</p>';

}

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.