How To Delete Nelo Theme Options?

We used the WPMU Nelo theme on our primary site for a couple years, it served us well.

Last year we switched themes, but I notice our Site Settings and wp_1_options table are littered with what looks like entries specific to the Nelo theme. I stopped counting at more than 50 rows of data that seem to be related to a theme we are no longer using.

Is there any simple way to safely delete options table entries for the WPMU Nelo theme that are no longer necessary? Or, can someone provide a complete list of db tables/rows that can be safely dropped if we do not intend to switch back to Nelo?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

PS: I did search, but couldn't find any similar discussions about this.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again @jcnjr,

Before we start diving into database would you mind trying something first. Nelo theme has reset options button in theme settings that should clear all the settings so this might remove everything without accessing the database.

What you'd need to do is install the theme again and go to Appearance -> Theme Options, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page where you will find "Reset Options", see screenshot.

Please do that and check the database again to see if those rows are removed :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• jcnjr

@bondzany
    Thanks for the suggestion. I would realllllly rather not activate Nelo again. Whenever I have attempted to activate other themes we always seem to lose various widgets and settings in the active theme when turning it back on! I will attempt this on our dev install and see if that happens again.

In the mean time, if it's not too much trouble, I would love to get a list of all the option names for wp_options db entries created by Nelo. Or, the option prefix if it is unique only to the Nelo theme (e.g.; tn_wpmu_).

OR: Is there a way to run the Nelo Reset Options command via PHP MyAdmin without having to activate the theme, or affecting the currently activated theme???

Thanks again for the good help!

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again @jcnjr,

These are individual variables and they have no unique prefix so this would be quite time consuming to locate them all in your database.

Also after activating another theme, if you don’t visit Appearances -> Widgets and make changes to your sidebars with the newly activated theme you should not lose the sidebar settings. If you want to be extra safe you can make a site backup and then attempt to do this.

Please let me know how that goes :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• jcnjr

Bojan Radonic Where will I find the current Nelo theme?

I apparently no longer have it installed on our Dev network. The "Install Themes" link in the new Hub here only takes me to the Upfront theme, as does the Themes link at top. Where did all the other themes go? I need to reinstall Nelo to test your reset theory.

These are individual variables and they have no unique prefix so this would be quite time consuming to locate them all in your database.

Understood. Looking at my Dev install, I don't see all the variables in the Site Settings, but I do still see numerous wp_1_options rows like the following. Many of these in the screenshot are familiar, from configuring Nelo. So, I still wonder if the prefix "tn_wpmu_" is specific to the WPMU Nelo theme, and if they can be safely deleted or if they may affect other things.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again @jcnjr,

All legacy themes have been removed from the site. In case that you need it I will be more then happy to send it to you :slight_smile:

I've done some tests on my local sandbox site so you don't have to. First of all resetting theme settings doesn't remove the tables from the database and with regards to the prefix that you mentioned I can confirm that these are indeed from the Nelo theme so what you can do is search for the following in wp_options:

tn_wpmu_%

Once you have them all you can simply delete the rows. I'd also strongly suggest that you backup your database just in case something goes wrong :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.