how to delete wpmu dashboard message

Hello!

On a clients site I installed a WPMU plugin.

But the client himself does very little work on the site, and he does not need the WPMU dashboard. How can I delete the dashboard message "install WPMU dashboard"?

Cheers
Julius

• aristath

Hello there @julius_miribung, I hope you're well today!

But the client himself does very little work on the site, and he does not need the WPMU dashboard. How can I delete the dashboard message "install WPMU dashboard"?

You will simply need to install the dashboard plugin.
    If you want to disable its notifications etc, you can then visit WPMUDEV => Manage to turn off anything you don't need shown.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Julius

Thanx for the quick response!

Still I want to ask:

1) is it possible to use a plugin for a client (Snapshot) WITHOUT installing the WPMU dashboard plugin on the clients site?

2) Also I would like to ask, since it's the 1st site I build ...:wink: >
    How do the "WPMU Pro's :slight_smile: " use the WPMU dashboard for their clients: do they create a WPMU login / membership with the clients name?
    Or do they insstall the WPMU dashboard with "their own" login / membership data?? (but in this case the client would have access to their account....?!?)

Hope for your answer!
    Thanx and greetings
    Julius

• aristath

1) is it possible to use a plugin for a client (Snapshot) WITHOUT installing the WPMU dashboard plugin on the clients site?

Yes, it's possible. But you won't be able to get rid of the "install the dashboard plugin" message unless you hack the plugin.

2) Also I would like to ask, since it's the 1st site I build ...:wink: >
    How do the "WPMU Pro's :slight_smile: " use the WPMU dashboard for their clients: do they create a WPMU login / membership with the clients name?
    Or do they insstall the WPMU dashboard with "their own" login / membership data?? (but in this case the client would have access to their account....?!?)

You can install the plugin, enter your own details and then write some code to hide the menu item if you want!
    This way your clients will be able to update the plugins, but they won't have access to the dashboard itself.
    You can do it by using the remove_menu_page function.

Another solution that is also recommended is to simply create another admin user for your clients and never give them your admin user's credentials.
    The dashboard is "locked" to the user that activates it (you), so they won't have access to it.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.