How to design the Coursepress Pro on my theme look like the Coursepress theme?

I feel really hard for this problem, I tried many time to find out it but still cannot.

So hope that someone can help me about it.

Here is my coursepress page http://yea.edu.vn/courses/ . I don't really like that style the coursepress show on my theme like that, then how can i change it?

Someone told me that create the single-course.php in my theme's folder, then i did but still nothing change. :slight_frown:

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Bao,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

If you want it to look like our CoursePress theme then the easiest way to do this will be to change your site into a multisite and make the Course portion it's own site :slight_smile: then you can use our CoursePress theme on it.

Multisite's share the same user database so that makes it more seamless to your users and the only real difference they will see is the url will look like this:

courses.yea.edu.vn OR course.yea.edu.vn/courses

You can change the "courses" text, it will be whatever you choose for your multisite slug.

In this case, since your site already exists, it will be better to go with the subdomain option and in-fact it will likely force you to do the subdomain option.

How does this sound? If there are some design aspects you want to change then we can use CSS to do that, but if it's really the CoursePress Pro theme you want it to look like then doing the multisite option will likely be best :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back Bao!

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. Here is how to setup your Multisite if you choose that root: http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

• Revolution Arts
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

This is interesting. We have done the same - put our courses into a separate site on our multisite network. Does this mean that if people register for an account at our main site, they can also login to their courses with the same login on the other site?

• Bao Nguyen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tyler,

Thankyou so much for supporting.

But what i mean is that i want to design the content of course page like the coursepress theme.

You can check in the attach files. I just wanna style the content look like the coursepress but still use my own theme :slight_smile:

Hope you can help me

Thankyou so much again!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Bao,

Hope your weekend is going well!

Let's see what we can do here :slight_smile:

Try adding this CSS to your custom stylesheet:

.course-media-img {
        float: left;
        width: 25%;
    	margin-right: 5px;
    }

.quick-course-info.quick-course-info-extended {
        float: left;
        width: 70%;
    }

.course-summary {
        height: 150px;
    }

.content {
        margin-top: 15px;
    }

If you don't have a custom stylesheet then use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

That should get it close, let us know what else you would like to change on it. Do you want the width to be smaller like the CoursePress theme?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• salvatore_familia
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Tyler,

I'm following this thread with great interest. I am also interested in styling my Theme (Genesis in my case) to be similar in design to the Coursepro Theme... its just not possible for me to use the theme because of other plugins and functionality required by my site. I tried adding the CSS code above but it had no effect at all, my course listings did not change at all. I'm currently using version 1.2.1.8 of Coursepro and haven't updated it yet. Could that be the reason the code had no effect or should I look somewhere else?

Thank you,
    Sal

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Sal,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Would you mind creating a new thread on this? https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Only reason I ask is that the CSS for your theme may be different, and sounds like it is, than what's needed for Bao's :slight_smile:

That way the CSS for the two themes won't get all mixed up in this thread.

Once a new topic is made a staffer should be with you shortly!

Have a great rest of your day Sal.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Out-dated version shouldn't make a difference in that regard; however, it is a good idea to keep the version updated to the latest one :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.